Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) 2005-2010
- 2010, April 26-30: Ethics Week-Arbor Day 2010. Event Schedule
- 2010, April 8: QEP/TTU Ethics Center Celebration and Transition Luncheon. Guest Speaker
Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean of University of California, Irvine School of Law. "Ethical Speech in the Academy."
- 2009 & 2010: TLTC Ethics Series
- 2009, November 17 & 18: 1st Purnendu K. Dasgupta Lecture, Professor Royce W. Murray,
Kenan Professor of Chemistry at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. "Publishing Chemistry: Process, Ethics, and the Internet" & "The Composition, Structure,
and Behavior of Very Small Nanoparticles."
- 2009, October 27 & 28: Debra Parrish, J.D. "Responsible Conduct of Research and Ethics Speaker."
- 2009, October 6: Dr. Edmund D. Pellegrino, M.D., Professor Emeritus of Medicine and
Medical Ethics and Adjunct Professor of Philosophy at Georgetown University School
of Medicine. "Bioethics."
- 2009: Ethics Week
- 2009, April 21: Tom Hall, J.D., "Litigation Malpractice Traps from the Plaintiff's
Perspective." School of Law
- 2009, March 25: Dr. Michelle Addington, Associate Professor of Architecture at Yale
University, lecture on "Buildings, Boundaries, Behaviors." College of Architecture
- 2008, November 12: Dr. Joanne Ciulla, Professor and Coston Family Chair in Leadership
and Ethics at the Jepson School of Leadership, University of Richmond, "Ethical Challenges
of Leadership." Rawls College of Business
- 2008, September 8: David Callahan, author of "The Cheating Culture." Presidential
Lecture and Performance Series
- 2008: Texas Tech University Quality Enhancement Plan, "Stop and Take Stock" summit
2008: Engineering Ethics Function
- Order of the Engineer Ceremony (ethics based formal program conducted nationally)
- Senior engineering students were inducted into the Order of the Engineer
- 2007: Chief Information Officer (CIO) "Roundtable Discussion"
- 2007: University Ethics Week
- 2007: Department of Classical & Modern Language & Literatures, Department of Chemistry,
and the College of Engineering roundtable discussion, "International Teaching Assistants and Teaching Assistants: Ethical Dilemmas in Learning
- 2007: Raider Power Era Begins: Honor, Respect, Pride and Tradition
- 2007: College of Mass Communications, "Ethics Panel"
- 2007: Philosophy "Ethics Movie Series"
- 2006: Engineering-Business-Law Ethics Day
- 2006: Teaching, Learning, and Technology Center, Dr. Linda Ferrell and Dr. O.C. Ferrell,
"Ethical Misconduct Disasters: What is the Role of Ethics Education?"
- 2005: Texas Tech Law Review, Center for Water Law and Policy, "Precious, Worthless, or Immeasurable: The Value and Ethic of Water"
- 2005: Texas Society of Professional Engineers, "Professional Ethics Live: A Continuing Education Seminar on Professional Ethics"
This session will describe Texas Tech University’s journey though an institutional
ethics movement involving faculty, staff, administration, and students. The ethics
initiative began to meet the Quality Enhancement Plan requirement of TTU’s accrediting
body—the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools —but has taken a life of its own
to the entire campus through the passion and dedication of the people involved.