Master of Science Program
We offer Master of Science Degrees in:
- Plant and Soil Science†, with several areas of emphasis:
- M.S. in Plant and Soil Science with a concentration in Crop Protection.
- M.S. in Plant and Soil Science with a concentration in Crop Science.
- M.S. in Plant and Soil Science with a concentration in Fibers and Biopolymers.
- M.S. in Plant and Soil Science with a concentration in Soil Science.
- Horticulture Science †
Master of Science degree students may pursue either the thesis or nonthesis option. The thesis option (24 hours of graduate course work plus six hours of thesis research) is designed for students who intend to pursue a Ph.D. An oral exam over the research is required for the thesis option. The nonthesis option (36 hours of graduate course work) is considered a terminal degree. An oral exam is required during the graduating semester for the nonthesis option.
† Degrees can also be obtained through distance options.
If you are interested in applying, visit: Graduate School/PSS-MS Program page.