Psychological Sciences - Diversity
The Department of Psychological Sciences recognizes that our University, our community, and our society are increasingly diverse. That said, the Department is committed to recruiting, educating, and training undergraduate and graduate students to work and function in an increasingly multicultural society. The Department of Psychological Sciences values the diversity of students, faculty, and staff and the inclusion of diversity-related content in teaching, research, and service. The department is committed to providing a welcoming and accepting learning, training, and working environment for students, faculty, and staff that is inclusive of people from diverse backgrounds with an emphasis on civility and respect for all people. The Department values the idea that learning can be enhanced by having students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences interact and work together toward a common set of educational and training goals.
In an effort to raise awareness and promote diversity, the Department of Psychological Sciences has implemented the following initiatives:
- Director of Diversity Enhancement
- Diversity Enhancement Committee
- Diversity in Psychological Science Graduate Research Award
- List of national, university and local diversity-related resources
- Student/Staff/Faculty Diversity Spotlight
The Department of Psychological Sciences welcomes any feedback related to diversity issues in our department. Please contact our Director of Diversity Enhancement, Dr. Joaquin Borrego, via email Joaquin.Borrego@ttu.edu or phone (742-3711 ext 232).
Section 4: Clinical Psychology of Women
For information contact:
Betsy Levine-Proctor, Ph.D.
1330 Lincoln Ave., St. 103
San Rafael, CA 94901
APA Public Interest Groups
- Asian American Issues in Behavior Therapy & Research
- Hispanic Issues in Behavior Therapy
- Native American Issues in Behavior Therapy & Research
- Study of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Issues
- Women's Issues in Behavior Therapy
Faculty & Staff Organizations
Address:Texas Tech University, Department of Psychological Sciences, Box 42051 Lubbock, TX 79409-2051