Raider Relief Fund
Emergency Award Program
College tuition and fees are rising. Many students begin college without fully understanding costs in addition to tuition and fees which are also associated with higher education, or how much their living expenses will be. Unfortunately, students may find themselves in more severe debt than anticipated after just one year of college. As a result, some students may postpone payment of utilities, delay needed doctor visits, go without proper meals, or even drop a class. When an unexpected expense occurs such as a doctor visit, pharmacy bill, higher utility bill, etc., the student may be unable to pay. While scholarships and financial aid cover tuition and fees, less money remains for living and other educational expenses. More students at Texas Tech are experiencing financial crises.
Red to Black wants to help students stay enrolled in college and complete their education. The Raider Relief Fund was created to give such assistance.
1. Read the complete Raider Relief Fund program guidelines (link below). Please provide as much information as possible on your application and provide all documentation (i.e., copy of your bills, bank statements, etc.) to state your need for funding. In order to be eligible for Raider Relief Fund, students must have a 2.5 Institutional GPA, have at least 12 hours of credits from TTU, and be enrolled for the next semester once registration becomes available. Please see the other requirements in the document below.
2. Complete a Raider Relief Fund Application (link below).
3. The Raider Relief Fund Committee will review your application within three business days. Do not wait until the last minute to submit your application.
4. You will be asked to schedule an appointment with a Red to Black financial coach and possibly other campus departments in order to receive funding.
5. A Red to Black staff member will contact you with the committee's decision and provide instructions for receiving your award, if applicable, within one business day of the Raider Relief Fund Committee's decision.