School of Accounting
In the School of Accounting, we strive to create intelligent, thoughtful leaders with the technical knowledge and problem-solving skills necessary for long-term professional success wherever their career paths may lead. The Rawls College of Business houses the first separately accredited School of Accounting in Texas and one of only about 40 such schools nationwide. The Accounting Program is also one of only 168 programs in the U.S. that is separately accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
These rigorous standards require a focus on continuous improvement through an emphasis on regular 360 degree assessment of inputs to and outcomes of the accounting program. As a result, students can be assured that they are receiving instruction that is current, relevant and supported by cutting-edge research conducted by faculty who are experts in their field. Graduates of our flagship 150-hour Program in Accounting are recruited by the top firms in the accounting profession with opportunities to begin their careers in a variety of offices both nationally and internationally. Placement rates from the 150-hour Program have been at or near 100 percent for the past 25 years.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) in Accounting
- 150-hour Program in Accounting (B.B.A./M.S. program) *
- Master of Science in Accounting*
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) for Working Professionals
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Business Administration (concentration in Accounting)
*Note: Both the 150-hour Program and the stand-alone M.S.A. program offer specialized tracks in either Taxation or Auditing/Financial Reporting.
- Alumnus Ronnie Hammonds Honored For His Continued Commitment to Excellence
- Rawls College Hosts the 2016 Diversity Symposium
- School of Accounting Honors Distinguished Alumni and Students
- Dr. Juan Manuel Sanchez Named KPMG Professor in Accounting
- Alumnus Mike Shaub Awarded Teaching Excellence Award
View all news