School of Accounting
In the School of Accounting, we strive to create intelligent, thoughtful leaders with
the technical knowledge and problem-solving skills necessary for long-term professional
success wherever their career paths may lead. The Rawls College of Business houses
the first separately-accredited School of Accounting in Texas and one of only about
40 such schools nationwide. The accounting program is also one of only 168 programs
in the U.S. that is separately accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate
Schools of Business (AACSB). These rigorous standards require a focus on continuous
improvement through an emphasis on regular 360 degree assessment of inputs to and
outcomes of the accounting program. As a result, accounting students can be assured
that they are receiving instruction that is current, relevant and supported by cutting-edge
research conducted by faculty who are experts in their field. Graduates of our flagship
150-hour program are recruited by the top firms in the accounting profession with
opportunities to begin their careers in a variety of offices both nationally and internationally.
Placement rates from the 150-hour program have been at or near 100
percent for the past 25 years.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) in Accounting
- 150-hour Program (integrated B.B.A./M.S. program in Accounting)*
- Master of Science in Accounting (stand-alone M.S. program for students already holding the B.B.A. degree)*
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) for Working Professionals
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Business Administration (concentration in Accounting)
*Note: Both the 150-hour program and the stand-alone M.S.A. program offer specialized tracks in either Taxation or Auditing/Financial Reporting.