Funding Your Experience
Study abroad is an investment in your future. With proper preparation, you can plan a great study abroad experience within your budget.
- Compare Costs & Make a Budget. Create a budget for your study abroad by determining your program costs, comparing study abroad to the cost of study at Texas Tech and identifying your funding sources.
- Use the Budget Planning Worksheet to help you compare complete program costs, especially if you are considering an affiliate or reciprocal exchange program that does not have a prepackaged budget estimate that is easily accessible. If you are having difficulty identifying the complete costs for a program, contact your study abroad advisor.
- Confirm financial aid. Review your aid package and verify what types of financial aid apply to your study abroad program.
- Apply for scholarships. Research merit- and need-based scholarships available to Texas Tech study abroad students.
- Attend a financial workshop. Learn more by attending a Texas Tech Study Abroad workshop on financing study abroad, financial aid and scholarships.