The Rawls College of Business will be nationally recognized as a leader in assessment and quality improvement in business education.
To develop processes of information flow, interpretation, and reporting that culminate in meaningful and useful feedback to faculty and administrators regarding the outcomes of Rawls College of Business undergraduate and graduate business training. An essential component of this mission is the development of ongoing dialogue with departments and areas regarding assessment foci and well-targeted "referral questions."
- Coordinating Rawls College of Business assessment efforts
- Providing resources and assistance for: identifying and crafting learning outcomes; locating, summarizing, communicating, and interpreting accreditation policy, requirements, and guidelines; identifying data sources; and managing, summarizing, longitudinal tracking and reporting of data
- Reporting, interpreting, and providing feedback from assessment to internal and external stakeholders
- Publication, presentation and participation in regional and national educational assessment conferences
Student Learning Outcomes for the Rawls College of Business (SLOs)
- Business Economics
- Energy Commerce
- General Business
- Information Systems and Quantitative Sciences
- International Business
Assessment Philosophy and Ethics
- Good feedback communication comes from an ongoing and effective dialogue that identifies appropriate assessment target constructs.
- Valid data comes from motivated participants, and a solid plan for gathering data. Valid data does not occur accidentally, except by chance.
- Useful feedback requires systematically gathering the relevant data from the profusion of possible sources.
Accrediting Agency Websites
- SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools)
- AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business)
Assessment Relevant Links
Rawls College of Business
Office of Planning & Assessment (OPA)
- Assessing Student Learning - Program Level Handbook
- Writing Learning Outcomes - Course/Program Level Handbook
- TracDat (Documentation of SACS assessment material)
- OPA Home Page
Institutional Research & Information Management (IRIM)
National (External Links)
- Standards for Educational Accountability Systems
- Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing