Area of Information Systems and Quantitative Sciences
Students in the Area of Information Systems and Quantitative Sciences (ISQS) train for and participate in the revolution of information technology that is changing business, personal behavior and social behavior throughout society. Coursework provides opportunities to gain expertise in technology innovation, business intelligence, web application development, data security, project management, systems analysis and design, and the business analyst communication role connecting technical Information Technology (IT) personnel with functional area professionals. Upon graduation, undergraduates have accepted positions at industry leaders such as Apple, Google, Hewlett-Packard, National Instruments, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Sungard, USAA and many others.
Students in our Master of Science in Data Science program learn cutting-edge business analytics tools and processes that enable them to contribute immediately to companies' big data, business intelligence and business analytics needs. Ph.D. students receive world-class research training through their coursework. Recent Ph.D. graduates have taken jobs at universities such as University of Texas at Dallas, San Jose State University, Cleveland State University, University of Montana, University of Portland, and Rochester Institute of Technology.
Students learn from ISQS faculty members who are award-winning teachers. In addition, our IT faculty ranks among the most successful research faculty in the world. Over the past 10 years, the IT faculty ranks among the top universities worldwide for research published in the top-tier journals, including MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, Journal of Management Information Systems, Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Management Science, and Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) in Information Technology (concentrations in Business Systems Analysis, Telecommunications/Networking, and Web Application Design are available)
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Data Science
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) for Working Professionals
- ISQS Undergraduate Certificate in IT
- Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Business Administration (concentrations in Management Information Systems or Business Statistics)
View all news
View all events