Meet the Area Coordinator
Dennis B. Arnett, John B. Malouf Professor of Marketing, joined the marketing faculty in the fall 2000, from the University of Texas San Antonio, where he was an Assistant Professor of Marketing. He holds BA in Mathematics from Occidental College, a MA in Education from Alliant International University, and a PhD in Business Administration (Marketing) from Texas Tech University.
Dr. Arnett's research focuses on two interrelated areas: (1) competition theory and its implications for marketing theory and practice and (2) relationship marketing theory. His research appears in the Journal of Marketing, Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, Journal of Retailing, Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, Journal of Business Research, Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, Industrial Marketing Management, and others. He is the recipient (with Shelby D. Hunt and Sreedhar Madhavaram) of the 2007 Emerald Literati Highly Commended Award for their article that appeared in the Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing and received a Fulbright Scholarship (2006-7) to research knowledge management practices in high-tech firms in Norway.
The Area of Marketing and Supply Chain Management supports the mission of the Rawls
College of Business through its research, teaching, and service activities. The Marketing
faculty is committed to:
(1) producing high-level scholarship that will influence marketing theory and practice,
(2) providing students with quality educational experiences that will prepare them to be highly valued members of the business community, and
(3) engaging in activities that will enrich the Area of Marketing and Supply Chain Management, the Rawls College, and Texas Tech University.
The Area of Marketing and Supply Chain Management will be an internationally recognized leader in marketing research and education.
- Mutual Respect - We believe that everyone should be treated with respect and dignity.
- Cooperation - We are committed to working with others for the betterment of the Area of Marketing, the Rawls College, and Texas Tech University.
- Creativity - We support life-long learning and the pursuit of innovative solutions and ideas.
- Pursuit of Excellence - We are committed to personal and professional growth through the creation, preservation, transfer, and application of knowledge.