Meet the Area Coordinator
Mayukh Dass, J.B. Hoskins Associate Professor of Marketing, joined the marketing faculty in the Fall 2008, upon completion of his doctoral program at the University of Georgia. He holds an M.S. in Artificial Intelligence and an M.S. in Statistics from the University of Georgia in addition to a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Power from the Nagpur University, India. He is the recipient of the 2017 Rawls Integrated Scholar of the Year Award, 2013 Chancellor's Council Distinguished Research Award, 2013 Beta Gamma Sigma Professor of the Year Award, 2012 President's Excellence in Teaching Award, 2011 Tech Alumni Association New Faculty Award, and was inducted to the Teaching Academy at Texas Tech University in 2012. Currently, Dr. Dass' research centers on competition and pricing issues in dynamic economies, and exploring managerial issues in online auctions, brand management, retail management, supply chain management, new product introductions, and fine art markets. He has received external grants with other researchers from USDA in the amount of $1M, and has published his research work in Atlantic Marketing Journal, Business Horizons, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, Environmental Modeling and Software, Decision Support Systems, International Journal of Computational Intelligence Research, International Journal of Forecasting, International Journal of Production Economics, International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, Journal of Business and Economic Research, Journal of Business Research, Journal of Brand Management, Journal of Consumer Marketing, Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning, Journal of Marketing Management, Journal of Probability and Statistics, Journal of Retailing, Journal of Service Research, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Organizational Research Methods, Services Business: An International Journal, Social Networks, and Statistical Science. Currently, he is serving as an associate editor of Journal of Electronics Commerce Research and member of editorial review board of International Journal of Integrated Supply Management.
The Area of Marketing and Supply Chain Management supports the mission of the Rawls
College of Business through its research, teaching, and service activities. The Marketing
faculty is committed to:
(1) producing high-level scholarship that will influence marketing theory and practice,
(2) providing students with quality educational experiences that will prepare them to be highly valued members of the business community, and
(3) engaging in activities that will enrich the Area of Marketing and Supply Chain Management, the Rawls College, and Texas Tech University.
The Area of Marketing and Supply Chain Management will be an internationally recognized leader in marketing research and education.
- Mutual Respect - We believe that everyone should be treated with respect and dignity.
- Cooperation - We are committed to working with others for the betterment of the Area of Marketing, the Rawls College, and Texas Tech University.
- Creativity - We support life-long learning and the pursuit of innovative solutions and ideas.
- Pursuit of Excellence - We are committed to personal and professional growth through the creation, preservation, transfer, and application of knowledge.