Ph.D. in Business Administration
The Rawls College Ph.D. in Business Administration's faculty is committed to mentoring and producing the next generation of leading business educators and researchers. The faculty aspires to train students to effectively analyze and synthesize data and literature in their chosen field while concurrently building a breadth of theoretical and methodological research knowledge and expertise. Upon graduation, graduates are able to communicate complex discipline-specific research findings clearly and coherently. Students are able to meet this objective because of a faculty that invests heavily in their success and through a program that is affordable, collegial, efficient, and flexible.
- The college's competitive Ph.D. student stipends combined with the low cost of living in Lubbock makes the program cost effective without sacrificing quality. Additionally, students have the opportunity to apply for assistantships, scholarships, travel stipends, and research grants.
- The program encourages a collaborative and interdisciplinary environment where students work closely with fellow Ph.D. students and faculty members. The team-oriented culture of the program enhances students' education.
- Students can potentially complete their degree in only four-to-five years.
- Students have the opportunity to partner with a leading professor to conduct original research about a general topic area that they both find interesting and relevant.
The Ph.D. in Business Administration develops candidates to:
- effectively analyze and synthesize literature in their field.
- have the breadth of research knowledge including knowledge of theories of research and research methodology.
- acquire expertise in their field of emphasis and supporting fields.
- communicate complex information clearly and coherently.
- conduct high-quality, independent research.
In order to access the widest array of financial support for Fall 2020 admission, we encourage students to apply as early as possible of their anticipated start date. The official Fall 2020 deadline is May 1, 2020.
PhD Program Spotlight
March 2nd, 2020Doctoral Student Researching Role of Influencers in Building Brand RelationshipsAshley Hass received funding for her research addressing the impact of micro-influencers on consumer brands.
February 27th, 2020Rawls College Signs New Agreement with MICA - The School Of Ideas, Ahmedabad, IndiaRawls College has established a Credit Transfer Program to allow students enrolled in MICA’s Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) to transfer credits to the Ph.D. program at Rawls College.
December 4th, 2019Team of Rawls Researchers Honored With Best Paper AwardTheir paper is considered exceptional work that can make a meaningful influence on the discipline.
November 25th, 2019Rawls College Professor Named Among Most Highly Cited Researchers in the WorldBill Gardner’s research papers rank in the top one percent of peer citations.
June 18th, 2019Professor's Research Shows Humble CEOs More Poised for Success
Ph.D. Program Links
Management Information Systems