Allison Collins, Ph.D., CPA
About Dr. Collins
Dr. Collins joined the faculty at Texas Tech in 2008. She earned her PhD in Business Administration (Accounting) in 1997 at the University of Houston, after completing her BBA in Accounting and the MBA (also at the University of Houston). She is a licensed CPA in the state of Texas. After receiving her doctorate, Dr. Collins served on the faculties of the University of Wyoming, Colorado State University, the University of Colorado at Boulder, the University of Houston, and the University of Memphis before arriving at Texas Tech. She has published a number of articles in various academic and practitioner journals, including The Journal of Business Ethics, Issues in Accounting Education, Women in Management Review, and Competitive Intelligence Review.
Selected Recent Publications
- "China's Progress with IFRS Convergence: Interviews with Chinese Professors," with Ping Nie and Shanping Wang. 2013. Issues in Accounting Education 28(2): 277-290.
- "An Analysis of Southwest Airlines: Applying the Horngren, Datar and Foster (2006) Strategic Profitability Analysis Approach," with Denton Collins, Texas Tech University, and Charles Bailey and Kenneth Lambert, both at the University of Memphis. 2009. Issues in Accounting Education 24(4): 539-551.
- "The "Language of Business," A Key Nurse Executive Competency," with Denton Collins, Texas Tech University, Joan Thomas, University of Memphis, and Donna Herrin, Deborah Dafferner and Julie Gabriel, Methodist LeBonheur Healthcare. 2008. Nursing Economics 26(2): 122-127.
Recent Awards and Honors
- Nominee, "My Favorite Professor," MBA program, Texas Tech University, 2009.
- Nominee, University Distinguished Teaching Award, University of Memphis, 2005.
- Mid-Con Corp. Award for Teaching Excellence in the EMBA Program, University of Houston, 2004.