Larry Fulton, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor - Health Organization Management
Education: Ph.D., University of Texas; MSStat, University of Texas; MHA, Baylor; MS Strategy,
Army War College; MMAS, Command & General Staff College; MS HRM, Troy; BS, Texas State
Phone: (806) 834-5461
Office Hours: By Appointment
Room Number: 219
Larry Fulton serves as a faculty member for the Health Organization Management Program in the Rawls College of Business. After serving a quarter of century in military medicine, Dr. Fulton began a second career in teaching, research, and consulting. He has taught for Texas State University, Central Michigan University, and Baylor University. Dr. Fulton is a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives, a Chartered Scientist / Chartered Statistician of the Royal Statistical Society, a Professional Statistician of the American Statistical Association, a Certified Analytics Professional for the Institute of Operations Research & Management Science, and a Certified Quality Engineer / Six Sigma Black Belt of the American Society for Quality.
- Kruse, C., DeShazo, J., Kim, F., Fulton, L. (2014). Factors Associated with Adoption of Health Information Technology. JMIR Medical Informatics, 2(1), e9. medinform.jmir.org/2014/1/e9/
- Bastian, N., Fulton, L., Shah, V., Ekin, T. (2014). Resource Allocation Decision Making in the Military Health System. IIE Transactions on Healthcare Systems Engineering, 4, 80-87.
- Bastian, N., Fulton, L. (2014). Aeromedical Evacuation Planning Using Geospatial Decision-Support. Military Medicine, 179(2), 174-182.
- Fulton, L., Bastian, N., Mendez, F., Musal, R. (2013). Rainwater Harvesting System Simulation using a Non-Parametric Stochastic Rainfall Generator. Simulation, 89 (6), 693-702. sim.sagepub.com/content/early/2013/03/28/0037549713479037
- Fulton, L., Ivanitskaya, L., Bastian, N., Erefeev, D., Mendez, F. (2013). Frequent Deadlines: Evaluating the Effect of Learner Control on Healthcare Executives' Performance in Online Learning. Learning and Instruction, 23, 24-32.www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0959475212000709
- Fulton, L., Mendez, F., Bastian, N., Musal, R. (2012). Confusion between Odds and Probability, a Pandemic? Journal of Statistics Education, 20(3), 1-15. www.amstat.org/publications/jse/
- Fulton, L., Brooks, M., Jones, T., Schofield, M., Moody, H. (2012). Policy Implications for Female Combat Medic Assignment (Military, 1 Citation, 12/1/13). Armed Forces & Society (McCoy B, Thompson Reuters 5-yr IF=.92, AR=25%, #52 / 149 in Political Science), 38(3), 13. afs.sagepub.com/
- Wilson, A., Kerr, B., Bastian, N., Fulton, L. (2012). Financial Performance Monitoring of the Technical Efficiency of Critical Access Hospitals: A Data Envelopment Analysis and Logistic Regression Modeling Approach (Medicine, 4 Citations, 12/1/13). Journal of Healthcare Management, 57(3), 200-213.
- Alvarez, R., Kerr, B., Ledlow, J., Burtner, J., Fulton, L. (2011). Effects of Outsourced Nursing on Quality Outcomes in Long-Term Acute Care Hospitals. Journal of Nursing Administration, (5-yr IF=1.7, AR=20%), 41(3), 138-143.
- Ivanitskaya, L., Brookins-Fisher, J., O'Boyle, J., Vibber, D., Erofeev, D., Fulton, L. (2010). Dirt cheap and without prescription: how susceptible are young US consumers to purchasing drugs from rogue internet pharmacies? Journal of Medical Internet Research, 12(2), e11. www.jmir.org/2010/2/e11/HTML
- Comparison of Resuscitative Protocols for Bupropion Overdose Using Lipid Emulsion in a Swine Model
- A Casualty Network Analysis in Non-Major Combat Operations
- Measuring the Effects of Pay for Performance Incentives on Primary Care Efficiency in the Military Health System
- Effects of the ResQPod® on Pharmacokinetics, Hemodynamics, and Survivability in a Porcine Cardiac Arrest Model
- The Army Medical Department Use of Goal Programming in Optimizing Workforce Planning Decisions
- Two-Stage Multi-Period Nonlinear Stochastic Programming Portfolio Optimization
- Effects of Treatment Modalities on Occipital Neuralgia
Awards and Honors
- Presidential Distinction Award, Teaching, Texas State University. (May 2014).
- Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, 2013, Alpha Chi and University College. (October 2013).
- Gregg Master Teacher Symposium Finalist ($1000), McCoy School of Business. (October 2012).
- Teaching Award, Army-Baylor Graduate Program in Business and Health Administration. (2008, 2009).
- Best Contribution to Theory Nomination, International Decision Science Institute Conference. (February 2013).
- Dean's Award for Scholarly/Creative Activity ($1000), McCoy College of Business. (August 24, 2012).
- Researcher Award, Army-Baylor Graduate Program in Business and Health Administration. (2009).
- Highest military peacetime award: Legion of Merit, Department of Defense. (2010).
- Highest military combat award: Bronze Star, Army. (2007).
- Order of Military Medical Merit, Medical Department. (2001).
- Order of Saint Michael, Army Aviation Association of America. (2001).