John Durrett, Ph.D.
Undergraduate Advisor/Associate Professor - ISQS
Education: Ph.D., University of Texas; MBA, West Texas A&M University
Area of Expertise: Management Information Systems
Office Hours: Tue-Thur 12:00 - 2:00 or cell phone (806.438.2049)
Room Number: E303
John teaches classes with subject matter in programming languages (particularly Java), telecommunications (particularly hands-on Linux-Windows LAN administration), electronic commerce security, database management, network security, and IT/IS strategy. He enjoys conducting research in eLearning, technology in education, distributed computational systems, distributed systems design, and network security.
Awards and Honors
- 2008, Received the Professing Excellence Award, Texas Tech University Student Housing
- 2002, Received the President's Excellence in Teaching Award, Texas Tech University
- 2001, Elected to Texas Tech University Teaching Academy (for excellence in teaching)
- 1997, Received Fred Moore award for teaching excellence at UT Austin
- 1995, Nominated Fred Moore Assistant Instructor Award for Teaching Excellence
- 1993, Golden Nail Community Service Award
- 1993, Bill Semmelbeck Award for Outstanding Graduate Student