Miguel Ignacio Aguirre-Urreta, Ph.D.
Miguel I. Aguirre-Urreta is an Assistant Professor in the Area of Information Systems and Quantitative Sciences. Miguel joined the faculty in 2014 after serving as an Assistant Professor in the School of Accountancy and MIS, Driehaus College of Business, at DePaul University in Chicago for six years. Miguel has a PhD in Information Systems from the University of Kansas and an MBA in Information Systems and Finance from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University. His undergraduate degree is in Public Accounting from the Universidad de Buenos Aires in Argentina. Miguel is a Senior Editor at the DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems and the incoming Chair Elect for the Special Interest Group on Human-Computer Interaction (SIGHCI) under the Association for Information Systems. His research interests are in the areas of quantitative research methodology, human-computer interaction, computer self-efficacy, adoption of new technologies, and business analytics. His research has appeared or is forthcoming in the premier journals of the Information Systems discipline.
- Aguirre-Urreta, M. and Marakas, G. "Comparing Conceptual Modeling Techniques: A Critical Review of the EER vs. OO Empirical Literature", The DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems, 2008, 39:2, pp. 9-32.
- Aguirre-Urreta, M. and Marakas, G. "Is It Really Gender? An Empirical Investigation into the Moderating Gender Variable in Technology Adoption, " Human Technology: An Interdisciplinary Journal on Humans in ICT Environments, 2010, 6:2, pp. 155-190.
- Aguirre-Urreta, M. and Marakas, G. "Exploring Choice as an Antecedent to Behavior: Incorporating Alternatives into the Technology Acceptance Process," Journal of Organizational and End User Computing, 2012, 24:1, pp. 82-107.
- Aguirre-Urreta, M. and Marakas, G. "Revisiting Bias Due To Construct Misspecification: Different Results From Considering Coefficients In Standardized Form," MIS Quarterly, 2012, 36:1, pp. 123-138.
- Aguirre-Urreta, M., Sun, W. and Ellis, M. "Performance of a Proportion-Based Approach to Meta-Analytic Moderation: Results from Simulations," Research Synthesis Methods, 2012, 3:1, pp. 11-29.
- Aguirre-Urreta, M., Marakas. G. and Ellis, M. "Measurement of Composite Reliability in Research Using Partial Least Squares: Some Issues and an Alternative Approach," The DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems, 2013, 44:4, pp. 11-43.
- Aguirre-Urreta, M. "Improving Experimental IS Research through the Use of Latent Variables: An Introduction and Some Examples," Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 2014, Vol. 34 Article 30.
- Zhou, M. and Aguirre-Urreta, M. "Financial Closing Time and Cost of Equity: The Role of Senior Information Systems Executives," Review of Business Information Systems, 2013, 17:1, pp. 41-51.
- Reychav, I. and Aguirre-Urreta, M. "Adoption of the Internet for Knowledge Acquisition in R&D Processes," forthcoming at Behaviour & Information Technology.
- Aguirre-Urreta, M. and Marakas, G. "PLS and Models with Formatively-Specified Endogenous Constructs: A Cautionary Note," forthcoming at Information Systems Research.
- Aguirre-Urreta, M. and Rönkkö, M. "Sample Size Determination and Statistical Power Analysis in PLS Using R: An Annotated Tutorial," conditional acceptance at Communications of the Association for Information Systems.
- Aguirre-Urreta, M. and Marakas, G. "Requirements Elicitation Technique Selection: A Theory-Based Contingency Model", in Advanced Principles for Improving Database Design, Systems Modeling and Software Development, Siau, K. and Erickson, J. eds., IGI Publishing, 2009.
- Marakas, G., Aguirre-Urreta, M. and Lee, K. "Computer Self-Efficacy," in Computer Science Handbook (3rd edition), Taylor & Francis, forthcoming.
- Aguirre-Urreta, M. and Marakas, G. "Modeling Choice between Competing Technologies: A Comparison of Mechanisms and Information Integration," in Developing Business Strategies and Identifying Risk Factors in Modern Organizations, Tavana, M. ed., IGI Publishing, 2014.
- Omission of formative indicators
- Significance testing in PLS
- Computer self-efficacy
- Pair programming
- Discriminant validity in PLS analyses
Awards and Honors
- Best Doctoral Student Paper Award (coauthor) - Research Methods Division of the Academy of Management, 2014
- Best Paper Proceedings - Academy of Management, 2014
- Best Reviewer Award - 9th Annual Workshop on HCI Research in MIS
- Best Paper Award - Americas Conference on Information Systems, 2006