Duane Hoover, Ph.D.
Professor of Practice - Management
Education: Ph.D., Washington University at St. Louis
Area of Expertise: Management and Organizational Behavior
Office Hours: By appointment
Room Number: E352
Dr. Hoover received his Ph.D. from Washington University, St. Louis and his MBA and B.B.A. from Texas Tech University. His research interests include the areas of organizational behavior, experiential learning, liminality, narcissism and organizational development and change. Dr. Hoover has twice been elected president of the Association for Business Simulation and Experiential Learning (ABSEL), and is the winner of numerous Best Reviewer awards. He was selected in 2014 to serve a three-year term as a member of the Editorial Board of the journal Academy of Management Learning and Education. His past industry experience includes serving as President and General Manager for New West Distributing, Inc., Founder and President of Europa Products, Inc., President and General Manager of "Three D Radio, Inc.", as well as consultant work.
- Hoover, J.D., Giambatista, Robert C. and Belkin, Liuba (2012) Eyes On, Hands On: Vicarious Observational Learning as an Enhancement to Direct Experience. Academy of Management Learning and Education, 12 (4)
- Klinker, J.F, Hoover, J.D., Valle, F and Hardin, F. (2012) Decision Making in a Guided Internship. Planning and Changing Educational Leadership Journal, 2012 (June)
- Hoover, J.D. (2011) Complexity Avoidance, Narcissism and Experiential Learning. Developments in Business Simulation and Experiential Learning Volume 38, published by the Association for Business Simulation and Experiential Learning (ABSEL) Note: This paper won the ABSEL 2011 “Best Paper Award”.
- Hoover, J.D., Giambatista, R.G., Sorenson, R.L. and Bommer, W.G. (2010) Assessing the Effectiveness of Whole Person Learning Pedagogy in Skill Acquisition. Academy of Management Learning and Education, 9 (2): 192-20
- Hoover, J.D. (2008) Realizing the Artful in Management Education and Development: Smoldering Examples from the Burning Man Project.” Journal of Organization and Management, 14 (5), 535-547
- Hoover, J.D. (2008) Cognitive Mapping and the Diagnostic Aspects of Organizational Change. Organization Development Journal, 26 (1): 37-45