Kimberly B. Boal, Ph.D.
Kimberly B. Boal (Ph.D, University of Wisconsin) is the Rawls Professor of Management at the Rawls College of Business, Texas Tech University. Kim was Book Review Editor for Organization Studies (2007-2012) prior to which he was Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Management Inquiry from 1997-2006. He served on the Board of Governors of the Academy of Management from 2001-2004, and as President of the Western Academy of Management in 1999-2000. He was twice awarded the Joan G. Dahl Presidential Award by the Western Academy of Management. His work has covered such managerial topics as worker attitudes and motivation, strategic leadership, organizational change and learning, strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate social responsibility. He is published in leading academic journals such as: Academy of Management Executive, Academy of Management Review, Administrative Science Quarterly, Journal of Business Venturing, Journal of Management, Leadership Quarterly, Organizational Behavior and Human Performance, Strategic Management Journal, as well as other journals and numerous book chapters.
- Schultz, P. L., Marin, A., and Boal, K. B. 2014. The impact of media on the legitimacy of new market categories: the case of broadband internet. Journal of Business Venturing, 29(1), 34-54.Alhorr, H. S., Boal, K. B., and Cowden, B. J. (2012). Regional economic integration an international strategic alliances: Evidence from the European Union. TheMultinational Business Review, 20 (1), 44-66.
- Boal, K. B. and Quinn-Trank, C. (2011). Journal of Management Inquiry at 20: Still crazy after all these years. Special Anniversary Issue of the Journal of Management Inquiry, 4 (4), 343-348.
- Xia, J., Boal, K. B., and Delios, A. (2009). When experience meets national institutional environmental change: Foreign entry attempts of U.S. firms in the CEE region. Strategic Management Journal, 30, 286-309.
- Fox-Wolfgramm, Susan J.,Boal, Kimberly B., and Hunt, James G. (Jerry). 1998. Organizational adaptation to institutional change: A comparative study of first-order change in prospector and defender banks. Administrative Science Quarterly, 43, 87-126.
For a complete list, see CV
- Xia, J., Dawley, D. D., Ma, R., and Boal, K. B. (Revision under Review). Organizational Reorganization, Stakeholder Reaction, and Post-bankruptcy Outcome: An Application of Signaling Theory. Strategic Management Journal.
- Marin, A., Dass, M., and Boal, K. B. (Under Review). Do all critics have the same impact? Insights from a Network critics' knowledge networks in platform Organizations. Administrative Science Quarterly.
Awards and Honors
- Recipient, Joan G. Dahl Presidential Award, 2005. 46th Annual meeting of the Western Academy of Management
- Outstanding Reviewer, 2003. OMT Division, Academy of Management Meetings
- ESGR Award 2002. 412th Engineer Command, Vicksburg, Mississippi
- President's Award 1994. 35th Annual meeting of the Western Academy of Management
For a complete list, see CV