Hamid Vahidnia is interested in sociological and psychological approaches to entrepreneurship and management. He has an MBA in Entrepreneurship and Innovation from Texas Tech University (Lubbock, Texas) and a BS in Industrial Engineering from Khajeh Nasiredin Toosi University of Technology (Tehran, Iran). Prior to joining the PhD program in the Area of Management at the Rawls College of Business, he worked in several national-level projects in the management consultancy industry of Iran. Currently, Hamid is working on a number of research projects investigating the phenomenon of increasing inequality of entrepreneurial opportunity within developed and developing economies. He is also studying how entrepreneurs cope with the inaction-constraints that are put on entrepreneurs' value creation as a result of inequality of entrepreneurial opportunity and other factors.
- Vahidnia, H., Chen, H. S., Mitchell, J. R., & Mitchell, R. K. (2017). Entrepreneurial action research: Moving beyond fixed conceptualizations. In R. A. Blackburn, D. De Clercq, J. Heinonen, & Z. Wang (Eds.), SAGE Handbook for Entrepreneurship and Small Business. London: SAGE Publications.
- Randolph-Seng, B., Mitchell, R. K., Vahidnia, H., Mitchell, J. R., Chen, S., & Statzer, J. (2015). The microfoundations of entrepreneurial cognition research: Toward an integrative approach. Foundations and Trends in Entrepreneurship, 11(4), 207-335.
Awards and Honors (Academic and non-Academic)
- Member, Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society, 2017
- Recipient, Rawls Ph.D. Student Research Grant, Rawls College of Business, 2016
- Best Paper Author (with Hans Hansen & Leila Forouhi), for paper selected as Best Critical Paper on International Business, CMS Division, Annual Meeting, Academy of Management, 2015
- 1st Place, Multidisciplinary I Track, Graduate Research Poster Competition, Texas Tech University, 2015
- Participant, Doctoral Consortium, USASBE 2014
- Recipient, AT&T Chancellor's Fellowship, Texas Tech University, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Recipient, Rawls Scholarship, Rawls College of Business, Texas Tech University, Fall 2011
- Member, Golden Key International Honor Society, 2011
- Recipient, Rawls Scholarship, Rawls College of Business, Texas Tech University, Spring 2011
- Recipient, Professor Shelby Hunt Scholarship, Marketing Concepts and Strategies Course, Rawls College of Business, Texas Tech University, Fall 2010
- Recipient, Rawls Scholarship, Rawls College of Business, Texas Tech University, Fall 2010
- Captain and Member, Khajeh Nasiredin Toosi University of Technology Football Team, Tehran, Iran, 2002-2007
- Founder and Chief Editor, Zeitoon (Olive) Magazine, a student-run magazine, Tehran, Iran, 2004-2006
- President and Member, Industrial Engineering Department's Students Society, 2003-2005
- Invited, National Student Football Team of Iran, The 23rd World University Summer Games, Izmir, Turkey, 2005
- Ranked in top 1% in Iran's Nationwide University Entrance Exam out of approximately 400 thousands participants, 2002