Ph.D. Candidate - Marketing
Education: Ph.D. Program in Business Administration (Major:Marketing), Texas Tech University
(Expected: 2018); B.Tech., Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (2004)
Area of Expertise: Marketing in Emerging Markets, International Strategic Alliances, International Marketing, B2B Marketing, Retailing and Private Label Strategy
Office Hours: By Appointment
Room Number: W354
Kiran is a Ph.D. Candidate in the area of marketing at Rawls College of Business. Kiran obtained a Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, India. He is interested in examining issues in marketing strategy and he focuses on two streams of research. His first stream of research is in international marketing strategy and his second stream of research is in retailing strategy. He has presented research papers in the areas of marketing and emerging markets at ISMS Marketing Science, Winter AMA Conference, AMA Summer Marketing Educators Conference, and Yale China India Insights Conference, and published research reports in Marketing Science Institute. Before joining Texas Tech, Kiran was a Consultant at the Centre for Teaching, Learning, and Case Development at the prestigious Indian School of Business (ISB) in Hyderabad, where he helped them in Assurance of Learning Measurements, crucial for ISB’s AACSB accreditation. He was previously a Visiting Faculty at Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies and Symbiosis Institute of Business Management.
Kiran has eight years of consulting experience in the areas of marketing and strategy. He has worked with Mott MacDonald India in its Marketing & Strategy consulting practice, providing consulting services at several large Indian and international organizations in the areas of market research, entry strategy, corporate strategy, and opportunity scanning. Kiran also mentored back-to-back winning teams (2012 & 2013) in the Global Social Venture Competition organized by Haas School of Business at University of California, Berkeley, the world’s largest business plan competition. Apart from his interests in research and consulting, Kiran is interested in developing and helping social organizations.
- Hanson, Nicole and Pedada, Kiran (2014), “The Future of Marketing in a Multi-channel and Multi-screen World”, Marketing Science Institute Report No.14-302, Cambridge, MA: Marketing Science Institute.
- Pedada, Kiran and Krishnan, Kutti (2010), “Marketing in Emerging Economies : The Indian Experience”, Marketing Science Institute Report No. 10-305, Cambridge, MA: Marketing Science Institute.
- Pedada, Kiran, Venkatesh Shankar, and Mayukh Dass “Determinants of International Marketing Joint Venture Dissolutions in Emerging Markets”, target journal: Journal of Marketing
- Pedada, Kiran, Mayukh Dass, and Venkatesh Shankar, “The effects of International Marketing Joint Venture Dissolutions in Emerging Markets on Shareholder Value”, target journal: Journal of Marketing
- Pedada, Kiran, Mayukh Dass, Srinivas Reddy, "The Role of Marketing in Emerging Market Firm Acquisitions in Developed Markets", target journal: Journal of Marketing Research
- Pedada, Kiran, Mayukh Dass, and S. Arunachalam, “A Theoretical Framework of International Joint Venture Formations and Dissolutions in Emerging Markets”, target journal: Journal of Marketing
- Pedada, Kiran, Mark Ratchford, Mayukh Dass “A Brand Equity Study of International Joint Venture Formations and Dissolutions”, target journal: Journal of Marketing Research
- Pedada, Kiran, and Dennis Arnett “Private Label Brands and Supplier-Retailer Relationships - Understanding the Cooperative/ Competitive Setting”, target journal: Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science
Awards and Honors
- 2017 Helen DeVitt Jones Excellence in Teaching Award (University-wide Award), Texas Tech University
- 2016 Outstanding Contributions to Research as a Doctoral Student Award, Texas Tech University
- 2016 ISBM PhD Camp Fellow, Emory University
- 2015 Yale School of Management Financial Support, China India Insights Conference
- 2015 ISMS Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Johns Hopkins University
- 2014-17 Rawls Doctoral Scholarship, Texas Tech University
- 2014-16 Teaching Assistantship, Texas Tech University
- 2013 Asia-Africa Winner (Mentor), Global Social Venture Competition, ISB Hyderabad
- 2012 Global Winner (Mentor), Global Social Venture Competition, Haas, UC Berkeley
- 2010 Asia Finalist, Global Social Venture Competition, ISB Hyderabad