Jason Rinaldo, Ph.D.
Senior Director of Assessment / Instructor - Dean's Office
Education: Ph.D., University of Kentucky (2004); M.A., University of Tulsa (1997); B.A., Texas
A&M University (1993)
Area of Expertise: Individual and Large Scale Assessment, Construct Elaboration and Development and Validation, Standard Setting Procedures for High Stakes Testing, Development of Forensic Psychological Measurement and Procedures, Administration of Forensic Assessment, Efficacy of Standardized Exam Preparation
Office Hours: By Appointment
Room Number: 257
My professional experiences have been diverse, as is often the case with a clinical psychology background. These experiences include research in measurement, including response distortion/presentation management, psychodiagnosis, forensic psycholegal test development and assessment, test validation and interpretation. My work experience includes extensive experience in large-scale measurement and testing, and individual assessment in forensic, neuropsychology, and clinical psychology, assessment in a variety of community outpatient and inpatient settings and in forensic psychiatric facilities, jails, and prisons in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kentucky.
- The Rise of Electronic Health Record Adoption among Family Physicians. (2013). Xierali, I., Hsiao, C., Puffer, J.C., Green, L.A., Rinaldo, J.C., Burke, M.T., Bazemore, A.W., Phillips, B.L. Annals of Family Medicine, 11(1): 14-19.
- Bazemore, AW, Makaroff, L, Puffer, JC, Paerhate, P, Phillips, B, Xierali, I., Rinaldo, JCB. (2012). Declining Numbers of Family Physicians Are Caring for Children. Journal of American Board of Family Medicine, 25(2): 139-140.
- Rewarding family medicine while penalizing comphrensiveness. (2011). Bazemore, A., Petterson, S., Phillips, R.L., Xierali, I., Rinaldo, J.C.B, Green, L.A., Puffer, J.C. Journal of American Board of Family Medicine, Nov/Dec, 2011.
- Bazemore, AW, Rinaldo, JCB, Xierali, IM (2011). What Services do Family Physicians Provide in a Time of Primary Care Transition? Journal of American Board of Family Medicine,24, 635-636.
- Bazemore AW, Burke M, Xierali IM, Petterson SM, Rinaldo JC, Green LA & Puffer JC (2011). Establishing a baseline: Health information technology adoption among family medicine diplomates. Journal of American Board of Family Medicine, 24(2): 132.
- Xierali, I.M., Rinaldo, JCB, Green, LA, Petterson, SM, Phillips, RL, Bazemore, AW, Newton, WP, Puffer, JC. (2011). Family physician participation in maintenance of certification, Annals Family Med, 9, 203-210.
- IM Xierali, JCB Rinaldo, LA Green, SM Petterson, RL Phillips, AW Bazemore, WP Newton, JC Puffer (2011). Family Physician participation in Maintenance of Certification. Annals of Family Medicine, 9:203-210.
- Bazemore AW, Xierali IM, Petterson SM, Phillips RL Jr, RinaldoJC, Puffer JC, Green LA. (2010). American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) maintenance of certification: variations in self-assessment modules uptake within the 2006 cohort, The Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine, 23(1): 49-58.
- JCB Rinaldo, T O'Neill, (2009), The Measure of Family Medicine-Response 3. Family Medicine, 41(8), 539-540.
- JCB Rinaldo, A New Focus on Research (2008), Annals of Family Medicine, 6, 183-184.
- Hagen, M.D., Ivins, D.J., Puffer, J.C., Rinaldo, J.C.B., Roussel, G. H., Sumner, W., and Xu,J. (2006). Maintenance of Certification for Family Physicians (MC-FP) Self Assessment Modules (SAMs): The First Year. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine, 19, 398-403.
- JCB Rinaldo (2005) The Applicability of Item Response Theory to Measurement of Malingered Psychopathology: An Evaluation of the Miller-Forensic Assessment of Symptoms Test. ProQuest LLC. (Dissertation).
- Norris, T.E., Rovinelli, R.J, Puffer, J.C., Rinaldo, J.C., Price,D.W. (2005).From Specialty-Based to Practice-Based: A New Blueprint for the American Board of Family Medicine Cognitive Examination. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine, 18, 546 –554.
- M Mason & J Rinaldo (2005). Listening to the Diplomates: Physicians' Feedback on Self-Assessment Modules, Annals of Family Medicine, 3, 473-474.
- Rinaldo, J. C. & Baer, R. A. (2003). Incremental validity of the MMPI-A content scales in the prediction of self-reported symptoms. Journal of Personality Assessment.
- Baer, R. A. & Rinaldo, J. C. (2003). The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory - Adolescent (MMPI-A). In M. Hersen, D. L. Segal, & M. J. Hilsenroth (Eds.), Comprehensive Handbook of Psychological Assessment, Volume 2: Personality Assessment. New York: John Wiley and Sons.
- Baer, R. A., Rinaldo, J. C., & Berry, D. T. R. (2003). Response distortions in self-report assessment. In R. Fernandez-Ballesteros (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Psychological Assessment, Volume 2 (pp. 861-866). London, England: Sage Publications.
- Berry, D.T.R., Baer, R.A., Rinaldo, J.C., & Wetter, M.W. (2002). Assessment of malingering. In J. N. Butcher (Ed.), Clinical Personality Assessment (2nd ed.). New York: Oxford University Press.
- Berry, D., Bagby, R.M., Smerz, J., Rinaldo, J., Caldwell-Andrews, A., Baer R. (2001). Effectiveness of NEO PI-R research validity scales for discriminating analog malingering and genuine psychopathology. Journal of Personality Assessment, 76, 496-516.
- Baer, R.A., Kroll, L.S., Rinaldo, J.C., Ballenger, J. (1999). Detecting and discriminating between random responding and overreporting on the MMPI-A. Journal of Personality Assessment, 72(2), 308-320.
Awards and Honors
- Lifetime Member, Phi Kappa Phi National Honors Society.