We solve problems facing business and society. We seek to better the world by creating and sharing knowledge and by educating and empowering students to become the next generation of business professionals and influencers.
As a comprehensive, research-based business school, the Rawls College of Business:
- advances knowledge through impactful research.
- educates and develops resilient graduates who will shape the workplace of the future.
- provides curricula and experiences that are in demand, engaging, accessible, and that provide students with a strong return on investment.
- serves and engages with our communities, from local to global, and provides value to practitioners.
- instills in the Rawls College community aspects of our distinctive culture including strong work ethic, discipline, civility, humility and philanthropy.
Raise the level of graduates' professional skills in areas that employers require and match the future needs of business.
Attract and retain highly-qualified students, faculty and staff.
Work to ensure that all undergraduate students experience learning opportunities that promote completion, achievement and critical thinking (i.e., high-impact practices).
Leverage our expertise and resources to produce more high-quality, impactful research and scholarship.
Strengthen ties with alumni and the business community.
Promote intellectual curiosity.
- Create and share knowledge.
- Innovate: be open to new ideas; learn from failures and successes.
Engage and build community.
- Create a positive, purposeful environment that inspires collective effort.
- Demonstrate concern and understanding for all members of society.
Foster diversity and inclusion.
- Respect and learn from differences in thought, experience and culture.
- Recognize that inclusion is critical to our success.
- Become better: look for opportunities to improve.
- Be fearless: seek out challenges with courage and commitment.
Strive for honor.
- Exhibit honesty, integrity, fairness and personal responsibility.
- Act with compassion and generosity.