Department of Recreational Sports
Mission and Vision
Inspire Community, Develop Students & Unleash Spirit
Be the Difference...
Appreciation, Caring, Cooperation, Courtesy, Dedication, Dependability, Diversity, Effort, Hard Work, Helping Others, Honesty, Humility, Integrity, Learning, Living in Balance, Participation in Regular Physical Activity, Patience, Respect, Service, Teaching by Example, Tolerance, Trust
GOALS, BENCHMARKS, OBJECTIVES AND STRATEGIES
Goal: Provide an efficient and effective means of retaining Recreational Sports student employee staff.
Research and make recommendation for student employee wages.
- Increase student employee salaries above minimum wage
- Identify student positions (specialty) and pay competitive salaries
- Focus on department expectations during hiring and training
Improve student recognition.
- Student Appreciation Dinner
- Incentives for retention
- Increase student employee accountability
Create and administer effective student employee wide training day.
- Includes all areas of Recreational Sports
- Research training concepts and develop agenda o Interactive and fun
- Establish motivating ideas
Design, support, and implement student development opportunities for student employees to attend regional, state and national events.
- Design budget for the opportunities
- Develop opportunities for student employees to obtain funds for events.
- Develop guidelines for this obtaining funds: student and staff committee.
- Increase student membership to NIRSA
- Plan assessment tool for the opportunities
Increase student employees (Recreational Sports) interaction and involvement between areas.
- Develop and design ways of student interaction
Goal: Create and foster community within the Professional staff
This should include the custodians, office staff and maintenance staff
- Establish events to ensure community growth within staff
- Develop professional staff activity group (3-4) • Develop and establish activities/events for interaction with student employees
- create an student committee to assist with events
- Professional staff buy in
- Include professional staff families
Provide, establish, furnish moments for reflection, balance and well-being as professional staff.
- Professional staff should schedule time for the above mention items
- Set guidelines and expectations for the above items
- Individuals must look within to establish their own parameters
Assess the transferable skills and goals for Departments student employees
- Research the skills being taught to departments student employees.
Create a strategy for additional professional staff within our Department.
- Prioritize the additional staff
- Reorganizes within our department
- Finalize Department decision Goal: Increase Visibility and brand reputation within the university community.
Develop, recognize and implement customer service standards throughout the department.
- Research and share customer services standards with staff
- Develop standards for entire department
- Build on Auxiliary Customer Service committee.
Build on and retain partnerships with Auxiliary departments
- Academic Departments
- Athletic Department
- Student Wellness
Create and establish value through our programs and services
Goal: Design a long term strategic plan for programs, facilities, technology and services for the students and faculty /staff.
Research, review and design a plan to provide the best modern recreation facilities and equipment for the university community.
- Design a five to ten year plan for facilities and equipment
- Increase the Educational Code
- Obtain approval for design of Satellite facility
- Referendum approval by students for satellite facility
- Review technology and create plan for upgrade: increase by 33%
Create innovative ways to generate revenue for the Recreational Sports Department.
- Investigate and explore the following fundraisers, sponsorships and through the development office.
- Examine ways of increasing income outside of the above mention items
- Create student and staff committee to assist with this goal.