Summer 2020 OPC Rental Shop and Wall Information
The Outdoor Pursuits Area will have three programs available for you to utilize this summer starting on Monday, June 15. For more information, you can always call us at 806-742-2949.
OPC Rental Shop and Bike Shop
The OPC will open the Rental Shop and the Bike Shop throughout the week for students and members to rent equipment and drop off your bike to be worked on. The rental shop will only have a limited selection of items that can be easily cleaned and will also only use a cashless system for transactions. The shop hours will be:
OPC Rental Shop and Bike Shop Hours
Monday | 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Wednesday | 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Friday | Noon - 6:00pm
To rent equipment, please follow the link below to reserve your gear and pick-up time.
Bouldering Hours Summer 2020
Summer hours are from 3:00pm - 6:00pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday excluding closures for holidays and TTU Interims.
Reservation times for the climbing wall include 3:00pm - 4:30pm and 4:45pm - 6:00pm.
Bouldering/Climbing Wall Rules and Policies
• Due to Covid 19 precautions facility access to the TTU Student Recreation Center
require advance registration.
• Climbing wall access is currently open to only bouldering. Roped climbing is currently prohibited due to the difficulty of cleaning technical equipment and difficulties in maintaining social distance.
• Climbers are encouraged to register for a time slot to access climbing space through register.recsports.ttu.edu. Your reservation grants you access into the climbing wall space.
• Upon arrival at the facility, please enter through the North ID entrance to allow staff to check you in. You will use your ID Card to enter the facility. Proceed to the climbing wall where you will be asked to wash your hands and verify your waiver status.
• First-come first-served spots will be available if there are unclaimed reservations 20 minutes after the reservation time starts.
• Climbers may be asked to leave the climbing wall area at the end of their reservation time slot due to capacity issues and to allow staff to prepare for the next group entering the facility.
• The climbing wall is divided into designated sections. It is strongly encouraged that there be 4 or fewer people in each section and they keep a 6-foot social distancing space.
Addition Facility Rules and Policies
• Shoes must be worn at the climbing wall at all times. Socks do count!
• No food or drinks, other than water, are allowed at the climbing wall at any time.
• Do not top out on the bouldering wall.
• Do not boulder above the bouldering line designated by black climber symbols.
• All climbing including bouldering, top-roping and auto-belay use are prohibited outside of climbing wall operating hours.
• Blood on the wall requires climbers to stay off of the contaminated area until staff can safely remove the hazard.
• Climbing shoe rental is $2.00 per visit. All other gear provided is free.
• Climbers must have an active recreation center waiver on file in addition to a signed
a climbing wall waiver. Waiver will be verified upon check in by R# or ID.
• All verified climbers must sign in at the climbing wall desk before climbing.
• You must be at least five years old to climb.
• You must be at least thirteen years old to receive belay certification.
• If you are under sixteen years old, you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. If a parent is not climbing the reservation can be made for the dependent and the parent can come as a chaperon.
• If you are under eighteen years old, you must have a parent or guardian sign a waiver before climbing. Older siblings do not count as guardians.