Summer Youth Sports Camp 2014
Two full weeks full of fun, athletic activities designed for all skill levels, ages 7-14. Each day of camp will be held at the Texas Tech University Student Recreation Center. Space is limited to the first 130 children per session!
Sessions 1 - 3: $135.00
Session 4 (Senior Camp): $65.00
Summer 2014 Dates
SUMMER CAMP [Sessions 1-3]
Each day of camp will be held at the Texas Tech University Student Recreation Center, Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - Noon.
Sessions 1-3 are for Campers Aged 7 - 14.
- Session 1: Monday, June 2 - Friday, June 13
- Session 2: Monday, June 16 - Friday, June 27
- Session 3: Monday, July 7- Friday, July 18
SENIOR CAMP [Session 4]
Session 4 is one-week only and costs $65.
Session 4 is only open to campers aged 12 - 15.
Limited to 24 campers.
- Session 4 : Monday, July 21 - Friday, July 25
2014 Registration Form
How to Register
There are two ways to register:
Register by Mail:
Print the above registration form, and mail along with a check (payable to TTU Rec Sports) to...
Texas Tech Recreational Sports
Summer Sports Camp
P.O. Bxs 42151
Lubbock, TX 79409-2151
Register in Person:
Stop by the Main Office [Room 202] at the Student Recreation Center between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM any weekday or until 6:00pm on Wednesday to turn in your registration forms.
Activities at Summer Camp
Campers will have the opportunity to utilize the amazing Texas Tech Recreational facilities. They will enjoy activities administered by trained Counselors. Each session may include activities such as archery, rock climbing, team sports, cooperative games, swimming lessons and other water activities. Formal swim lessons will be taught by certified swim instructors and a snack will be provided each day. Children should arrive each day ready for swim lessons and have appropriate attire to change into after swimming (i.e. towel, sneakers, athletic attire, sunscreen and bug spray). In case of inclement weather, camp will continue.
Sessions 1, 2 and 3 include swim lessons. Swimmers must have passed all previous swimming levels in order to advance to the next level. Listed below are the swimming levels for each set of swim lessons. For formal class descriptions, please click here.
- LEVEL 1: Has never had swimming lessons before and/or does not know how to swim.
- LEVEL 2: Able to float on front & back and can do a basic swim on front.
- LEVEL 3: Can do the front & back crawl 10 yds.
- LEVEL 4: Can do 15 yds front & back crawl, tread water for 30 sec, and dive from side.
- LEVEL 5: Can do 50 yds front & back crawl, 15 yds breaststroke & elementary backstroke & tread water for 1min.
- LEVEL 6: Can do 100 yds front & back crawl, 25 yds breaststroke, elementary backstroke & butterfly, & tread water for 2min
Activities at Senior Camp (Session 4 Only)
Our fourth session of Summer Camp is a one-week session designed for older campers. A camp day begins with open swimming and continues with unique recreation opportunities most campers have likely never experienced.
This camp does not play competitive sports like baseball or basketball, and it is not a goal of the camp to improve camper skill or technique for any sporting event or competition.
Senior Camp is limited to the first 24 participants!