Summer Sports Camp
Summer Youth Sports Camp 2019
Rec Sports Youth Summer Camp is exciting, fast-paced and engaging for all skill levels. The program includes a wide variety of activities that focus on ensuring active participation and an overall entertaining experience. We firmly believe the more active we are, the more fun we have. Space is limited to the first 120 children per session!
Session 1: $180.00
Session 2: $180.00
Session 3: $180.00
Senior Camp: $90.00
Summer 2019 Dates:
Each day of camp will be held at the Texas Tech University Student Recreation Center, Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
Sessions 1-3 are for Campers aged 7 - 14.
- Session 1: June 3rd - 14th
- Session 2: June 17th - 28th
- Session 3: July 8th - 19th
This camp is a one-week program and costs $90.
Senior camp is open to campers aged 12 - 15.
Limited to 24 campers.
- July 22nd - July 26th
2019 Registration will open on April 1, 2019
Having trouble registering online? Make sure you have your children created in your profile. Create or log into your account at https://register.recsports.ttu.edu and click on your username in the upper right corner of the page. Click profile and add dependents on the bottom of your profile. Make sure to create everyone that will be in camp! Every registration must be for a specific individual.
Register by Mail or in Person
Register your camper by mail by printing out a registration form (Printable PDF Form) and mailing it to:
TTU Youth Sport Camp
Lubbock, TX 79409
You may also apply in person at the Rec Center Main Office, Room 202 Monday through Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Activities at Summer Camp:
Campers will have the opportunity to utilize the amazing Texas Tech Recreational facilities. They will enjoy activities administered by trained Counselors. Each session may include activities such as archery, rock climbing, team sports, camp games, swim lessons and much more. Formal swim lessons will be taught by certified swim instructors and a snack will be provided each day. Children should arrive each day ready for swim lessons and have appropriate attire to change into after swimming (i.e. towel, sneakers, athletic attire, sunscreen and bug spray). In case of inclement weather, camp will continue.
Sessions 1, 2 and 3 include swim lessons. Swimmers must have passed all previous swimming levels in order to advance to the next level. All children may be moved up or down in levels at the discretion of our Certified Water Safety Instructors. We are committed to giving your child the best learning experience possible, and want them to be able to both learn and succeed at our swimming lessons.
Listed below are the swimming levels and a brief description of each level to help you determine which level to place your child:
• Uncomfortable putting face in the water
• limited ability to float on back & front
• Limited forward progress in the water or needs assistance.
• Willing to put face into water
• floats on stomach & back with assistance
• swims 1-2 body lengths unassisted
• Comfortable submerging entire body and moves well underwater
• Able to float on front & back without assistance
• Able to swim 1-2 body lengths using both strokes on front & back
• Can swim up to 25yds using a combination of strokes on front & back
• Can tread water for at least 30 seconds
• Can swim up to 50yds using front crawl, back crawl and breastroke
• Can tread water for up to 60 seconds
• Knowledge of all strokes (back and front crawl, breaststroke, butterfly)
• Able to swim a combine 100yds using above strokes
When registering your camper, you will be asked to place them in a swim level. Be very aware of your camper's aquatic skill and ability so that we may place them in the proper swim group. Please communicate and questions, comments, or concerns with camp staff prior to the first day.
Activities at Senior Camp:
Our Senior Camp is a one-week session designed for older, experienced campers. A camp day begins with open swimming at the Texas Tech Leisure Pool and continues with unique recreation opportunities guaranteed to create a fun, enjoyable experience.
Senior Camp is limited to the first 24 participants!