Register for RRO
Before you Register...Please Read the Following Information about RRO
Welcome to Texas Tech! We are so excited to make you a part of our family here! You found your way to this page because you were admitted to attend Texas Tech in Fall 2014. Red Raider Orientation (RRO) is a required program for all new students.
At RRO, you will:
- Meet other new students
- Get advice from current Texas Tech students
- Meet with your academic advisor
- Register for classes
- Learn Texas Tech traditions
- Learn about Texas Tech resources and departments
If you are registering for RRO after August 1, 2014, all of our two-day sessions have ended. We have one-day sessions available that have been opened to all students, freshman and transfer. RRO is required for all incoming students. If you are a incoming freshman, a transfer student with less than 24 hours, or transfer student with more than 24 hours, and still need to attend RRO for the Fall 2014 semester, you are able to register for a one-day session.
RRO sessions are capacity limited, meaning only a certain number of students are allowed to attend each session. Space for each RRO is available on a first-reserve basis and once an orientation session has filled, it will no longer appear online as an option. There is no wait list.
RRO availability is always changing and is different for each student based on:
- A student's admissions classification
- Sessions being full
Because availability is specific to each student, dates for RRO sessions will not be provided. To see which dates are available, log on to register.
The RRO fee for the remaining one-day sessions is $60. This fee is applied to your tuition for the semester and cannot be paid for in advanced or at orientation. (If you attended a two-day session this summer, the RRO fee is still $150 and will still be applied to your tuition.)
What to Bring
You must bring:
- Official final transcript from high school transcript (to show foreign language courses)
- Unofficial transcripts from ALL previously attended colleges and universities
- Shot record for Student Health Services and University Student Housing (including MMR and Meningitis vaccines)
- Government issued picture ID (driver's license, passport, identification card)
- Any documents you may need for Financial Aid
- Military Veterans: paperwork to receive benefits
RRO will provide:
- Texas Tech University Catalog
- A red, drawstring backpack
- An $8 meal card for lunch
- Your first official Texas Tech University T-Shirt
Students may have course Registration Hold(s) on their account. A hold represents a requirement that has NOT been completed by the student. While these holds will not prevent you from registering for Red Raider Orientation, a hold must be completed in order to register for classes. You can view your holds when you log into the RRO registration system. You are encouraged to take care of any holds prior to your Red Raider Orientation session.
- A hold you may encounter is a Texas Success Initiative (TSI) hold. This means you need to take one or more tests. If a student has a TSI hold on their account, the student must complete the assessment before RRO. Students can take the TSI Assessment with Academic Testing Services on our campus.
Schedule & Location
Orientation will begin with mandatory check-in at 7:30 a.m. at the Student Union Building (SUB) . RRO has events scheduled throughout the day until 5 p.m. Please plan to be on campus the entire time. Incoming students are expected to participate in all RRO activities.
Travel to RRO
Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport (Code: LBB) is only 20 minutes from campus and flies American Eagle, Southwest, and United Airlines. We are unable to provide airport shuttle service for RRO. For travel services provided in Lubbock, including taxi and bus, go to the Visit Lubbock page.
On-Campus Parking for RRO
Students and Guests are able to park on campus during orientation by registering their vehicle. A parking registration link will be sent to each attendee a week before your session that will instruct you on how to register your vehicle.
Please note that registering your vehicle for parking during RRO is different than registering your vehicle for on-campus parking during the Fall Semester. Visit Parking Services for your Fall parking permit.
Family Members & Guests
We would like to invite you to attend Red Raider Orientation (RRO) as a guest with your student! Attending RRO will help you learn how to support your student to be successful in college, gain insight about campus services, discover how to become involved in the Texas Tech family, and provide an opportunity for you to meet faculty, administrators, staff and current students. There is no guest fee to attend the one-day RRO sessions.
Parent and Family Relations assists in making RRO a great experience for everyone. This university department is available to provide you with information and resources that will help you stay informed about what is going on at Texas Tech, learn more about yourself and your student, and connect with other Tech parents and families. Visit the Parent & Family Relations website.
Steps to Register
Once you have been admitted, it will take 24-48 hours for you to be able to register for RRO.
Use your eRaider username and password to log into the RRO registration system. To register, click here and then follow the instructions below for online registration:
- Personal Information - Ensure that your personal information is correct and up to date, and add any additional information if necessary.
- Questionnaire - Verify that your major is listed correctly. If you have any holds listed, please refer to the information on the Holds page to get them removed. Please answer all of the remaining questions listed under Additional Information.
- Dates - Select your RRO session.
- Guests - Finally, you will be able to register any guests that will be attending with you. There is no fee for guests to attend a one-day session.
- My Reservation - Verify the information you have submitted to make sure it is correct. Once everything is correct, select "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
If you need to change any information after you have already registered for orientation, then you can log back into the registration website and update your information at anytime.
If you have any questions about the registration process, please call 806-742-5433 or email RRO at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are having difficulty logging into the system, you will need to call IT Help Services at 806-742-4357.
WHEN REGISTERING FOR RRO, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT SAFARI DOES NOT SUPPORT THE REGISTRATION SYSTEM. TRY DOWNLOADING GOOGLE CHROME OR MOZILLA FIREFOX.
Register for Red Raider Orientation
To access our online registration system, click the button below. You will log in with your eRaider username and password to assess the system.
Attention - Spring 2015 admits: Registration for Spring RRO Is not open at this time. Please check back here later in the Fall.
- If you need to change any information after you have already registered for orientation, then you can log back into the registration website and update your information at anytime.
- If you need assistance in activating your new eRaider username, contact the Office of Admissions at 806-742-1480.
- For questions about your eRaider password, contact the IT HelpDesk at 806-742-HELP or email@example.com
- For questions about the Red Raider Orientation registration system, contact RRO at 806-742-5433 or firstname.lastname@example.org