Register for RRO
Before you registerPlease read ALL the following Information
about RRO before entering the registration system. It will answer many questions/issues
you may have while registering.
Do not use the Safari browser.
- When registering for RRO, please be aware that Safari does not support the registration system. Try downloading Google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox.
There are no upfront costs for students to register and attend RRO.
- The Student Fee for orientation will be charged to students' tuition and cannot be
paid in advance.
- There are other optional fees for extra accommodations and guests that you may opt in for while completing your registration. You must pay for these
optional fees to complete your registration.
- See more information about Fees.
Registering parents & family members
- We recommend parent and family members attend orientation with your student. If you
choose to attend, we ask that you register each person as a "Guest."
- "Guests" can be added or removed after the student completes their RRO Registration if you aren't sure who will attend with you.
- See more information for Parents and family members.
For the Two-Day Sessions:
- Students are automatically reserved a one-night stay in the Hulen/Clement Residence
Hall for the night of their RRO session. Students are required to stay on-campus for
this one night.
- Students arriving early can reserve an extra night's stay if they wish.
- Any accommodations for Parents and family members can be made separately.
- See the Accommodations and Meals page for more information.
For One-Day Sessions
- No on-campus accommodations are available. See the Visit Lubbock website for travel and lodging accommodations near Texas Tech University.
- Students may have course Registration Hold(s) on their account. A hold represents a requirement that has NOT been completed by
- While these holds will not prevent you from registering for Red Raider Orientation, a hold must be removed in order to register for classes.
- You can view your holds when you log into the RRO registration system. You are encouraged
to take care of any holds prior to your Red Raider Orientation session through the Admitted Student Tasklist.
- A hold you may encounter is a Texas Success Initiative (TSI) hold. If a student has a "TSI Testing" hold (pay special attending to the wording of your hold) on their account, the student must come a day before their RRO session and take the
test(s) with Academic Testing Services. You should make travel plans accordingly.
Verify Your Major
- You will be able to see your declared major when you log into the registration system.
- If you would like to change your major, you are encouraged to sign up for RRO first, and then change your major.
- You may log back into the registration system to change your RRO date if you wish
after your major is changed.
- For more information about majors and how to request a major change, visit our Verify Your Major page.
- Please Note: It may take up to 48 hours for any major change requests to appear in
the RRO registration system.
Making Changes/Adding Guests
If you need to change any information after you have already registered for orientation,
then you can log back into the registration website and update your information at anytime.
For more information, visit our Making Changes page.
RRO Cancellation (Withdraw Application)
To cancel/withdraw your application and/or decline admission, please log into your
Raider Connect account to withdraw your application
You should only withdraw if you NO LONGER PLAN TO ATTEND TTU. If you just need to reschedule your session, please see the information above about
Once your application is withdrawn, your RRO session will automatically be cancelled. Please
allow our office 7 to 10 business days to process the request to withdraw your application.
All confirmation and reminder emails will be sent to your TTU email address.
- Check your TTU email at mail.ttu.edu by logging in with your eRaider username and password.
- All official communications from Texas Tech will come to this email address. Get
into the habit of checking it regularly to ensure a smooth transition.
Steps to Register
Once you have been admitted, it can take up to 24-48 hours for you to be able to register for RRO.
Use your eRaider username and password to log into the RRO registration system, then follow the instructions
below for online registration:
- Personal Information - Ensure that your personal information is correct and up to date, and add any additional
information if necessary.
- Questionnaire - Please answer all of the remaining questions listed under Additional Information.
Verify that your major is listed correctly. If you have any holds listed, please refer to the information
on the Holds page to get them removed. (Note: Incorrect majors and Holds will NOT prevent you from
completing your registration.)
- Dates - Select your RRO session. Add any extra night's accommodations, if needed.
- Guests - Finally, you can register any guests that will be attending with you.
- My Reservation - Verify the information you have submitted to make sure it is correct. Pay any extra
fees for guests and/or accommodations. Once everything is correct, select "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
You must completely "SUBMIT" your registration to reserve a space in your selected
session. If you do not completely submit your registration, then your seat is not saved and
that session may become unavailable.
LOG IN TO Register
To access our online registration system, click the button below. You will log in
with your eRaider username and password to access the system. Note: eRaider log-in is different than the Raider Connect credentials you used during the
Please make sure you read all the information on this page
prior to entering the registration system. It will answer many of the questions/issues
you may have when trying to register.
Problems Logging In?
- If you are having issues logging into the RRO Registration System, make sure your
eRaider is working.
- If you need assistance in activating your new eRaider username, contact the Office
of Admissions at 806-742-1480.
- For questions about your eRaider password, contact the IT HelpDesk at 806-742-HELP
- For questions about the Red Raider Orientation registration system, contact RRO at
806-742-5433 or firstname.lastname@example.org