This site requires both JavaScript and cookies!

Please try another browser, or enable both JavaScript and cookies.

Veteran's Affairs FAQS

Does Texas Tech award credit for military educational experiences?

Texas Tech will award credit hours for military educational experiences while in the armed forces based on the recommendations of the American Council on Education. The following documentation is required before applicable credit can be determined:

  • Joint Services Transcripts

  • A copy of your DD214

  • Any certificates or documentation describing the course content or objectives.

PLEASE NOTE: The "Army/American Council on Education Transcripts (AARTS)" and the "Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART)" have been combined into the "Joint Services Transcript" which covers all branches of service.

[Categories: Transfer Credit; Veteran's Affairs; ]

How is information released to military recruiters?

​The Solomon Amendment is a federal law that requires universities to release the following information to military recruiters without student consent: Student name, address, telephone number, age or year of birth, place of birth, level of education (1st year, sophomore, graduate, etc.), academic major(s), and most recent educational institution attended. You may opt out of releasing your information to military recruiters through the MyTech (Raiderlink) system.

[Categories: FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974); Veteran's Affairs; ]

Exemptions for Texas Veterans (Hazlewood Act Exemption)

​The purpose of the Hazlewood Exemption (Hazlewood Act) is to provide an education benefit to honorably discharged or separated Texas veterans and to eligible dependent children and spouses of Texas veterans. See

[Categories: Veteran's Affairs; General; ]

Military & Veterans Programs

​Military & Veterans Programs is here to assist veterans and their families in achieving academic and personal success.

[Categories: Veteran's Affairs; General; ]