Texas Tech University
Ask a Question

Veteran's Affairs FAQS

Does Texas Tech award credit for military educational experiences?

Texas Tech will award credit hours for military educational experiences while in the armed forces based on the recommendations of the American Council on Education. The following documentation is required before applicable credit can be determined:

  • Joint Services Transcripts

  • A copy of your DD214

  • Any certificates or documentation describing the course content or objectives.

PLEASE NOTE: The "Army/American Council on Education Transcripts (AARTS)" and the "Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART)" have been combined into the "Joint Services Transcript" which covers all branches of service.

[Categories: Transfer Credit; Veteran's Affairs; ]

Exemptions for Texas Veterans (Hazlewood Act Exemption)

​The purpose of the Hazlewood Exemption (Hazlewood Act) is to provide an education benefit to honorably discharged or separated Texas veterans and to eligible dependent children and spouses of Texas veterans. See http://www.depts.ttu.edu/diversity/mvp/hazelwood_act.php

[Categories: Veteran's Affairs; General; ]

Military & Veterans Programs

​Military & Veterans Programs is here to assist veterans and their families in achieving academic and personal success.


[Categories: Veteran's Affairs; General; ]


Office of the Registrar