The following students may be exempt:
- Students who have previously earned a Baccalaureate degree from another institution of higher education (official college transcript required).
- Students who have previously earned a Associate's degree from another institution of higher education (official college transcript required).
- Students who have achieved high test scores on one of the following:
- Transfer students who have satisfied TSI requirements at another Texas public institution of higher education must provide documentation of an exemption or completion of developmental coursework. If you have previously taken the TSI Assessment test, documentation must be provided to the TSI Compliance Office prior to enrollment.
- Students who have served in the military (on or after August 1, 1990) and were honorably discharged, retired, or released from active duty as a member of the armed forces of the U.S., the Texas National Guard, or a member of a reserve component of the armed forces of the U.S. (copy of DD214 required).
- Students currently serving on active military as a member of the armed forces of the U.S. or the Texas National Guard, or are currently serving and have been serving for at least 3 years prior to enrollment as a member of a reserve component of the armed forces of the U.S. (letter from Commanding Officer required).
- Students transferring in courses from another institution of higher education who
have achieved a "C" or better in each of the following subject areas:
Writing: Any college-level English course
Reading: Any college-level history course, political science course, or ENGL 1301
Math: Any college-level math course
(Official college transcript required)
|Time Limit||5 years||5 years||5 years||5 years|
2000 (English III Writing)
2000 (English III Reading)
|Math||19||500||2200||4000 (Algebra II)|
Office of the Registrar
Address:PO Box 45015, West Hall, Academic Records, Room 103, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX 79409-5015
Phone:806.742.3661 | Fax: 806.742.0355