RISE Peer Educators
RISE Peer Educators are a dedicated team of brilliant minds and fearless leaders whose main priority is promoting healthy lifestyles and educating their peers. This group of select students assist RISE in outreach, programming & events, and facilitating workshops. RISE Peer Educators are paid student leaders and earn $200 monthly.
What are the perks of being a Peer Educator?
- Money! ($200 / month, August - May)
- Opportunity to attend and present at the national Peer Educator conference
- Excellent hands-on learning opportunities that will look excellent on a resume or graduate / professional school application
- You can make a difference and help your peers and the Texas Tech community
RISE Peer Educators will be required to:
- Attend mandatory training August 9 -14, 2020 from 8 am - 5 pm
- Participate in Raider Welcome Week events August 15 - 21, 2020
- Work approximately 20 hours per month by attending Peer Educator meetings every other week, completing office hours and campus outreach, facilitating workshops, and working at RISE events
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Remain in good disciplinary standing at Texas Tech University
Learn more about Global Peer Educators here.
Important Dates for Peer Educators
March 1 - April 17 - Applications being accepted
April 17 - You will receive an email letting you know if you are selected for an interview
April 21 - First round interviews
April 23 - Second round interviews
April 28 - You will receive an email letting you know if you are offered a position
August 9 - 14 - Fall Training
August 15 - 21 - Raider Welcome Week