APA Internship Salary and Benefits
- The current stipend is $28,000 annually.
- Sick Leave is accrued at the rate of eight hours per month (12
days annually for 12 months of employment - August to July).
- Vacation Leave is accrued at the rate of eight hours per month
(12 days annually for 12 months of employment - August to July).
- University Holidays (approximately 14 days annually, most of
which occur during Thanksgiving and December break).
- Release time for Professional Development activities. 5 discretionary
days (can accrue more hours from after hours outreach activities) for job interviews,
dissertation meetings, or professional conferences.
Interns also attend the annual Texas Association of Counseling Center
Intern Conference (this leave is in addition to the 5 discretionary
- Required Participation in the Following Programs:
- Teacher Retirement System of Texas (money can be withdrawn at the
end of internship)
- Social Security
- Health Insurance is provided for interns.
eligibility for coverage for new state employees begins 90 days following
start of employment.***
- Eligibility for Participation in Optional Insurance Programs:
- Medical Coverage for Dependents (available at reasonable rates)
- Term Life
- Dependent Life
- Long-term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dental (Maintenance and Indemnity plans)
- Health Care Reimbursement
- Dependent Care Reimbursement
- Premium Reimbursement
- Workman's Compensation coverage is provided at no cost to the
- Support Service and Supplies (e.g., clerical support services,
telephone, personal office computer, office supplies, etc.) necessary
to the intern's provision of service are provided by the TTUSCC budget.
- Membership at the Student Recreation Center at Faculty/Staff
- Staff Parking and Library privileges.