APA Internship Salary and Benefits
- The current stipend is $28,000 annually.
- Sick Leave is accrued at the rate of eight hours per month (12 days annually for 12
months of employment - August to July).
- Vacation Leave is accrued at the rate of eight hours per month (12 days annually for
12 months of employment - August to July).
- University Holidays (approximately 14 days annually, most of which occur during Thanksgiving
and December break).
- Release time for Professional Development activities. 5 discretionary days for working
on your dissertation, job interviews, dissertation defense travel, or professional
conferences. Interns also attend the annual Texas Association of Counseling Center
Intern Conference (this leave is in addition to the 5 discretionary days).
- Required Participation in the Following Programs:
- Teacher Retirement System of Texas (money can be withdrawn at the end of internship)
- Social Security
- Health Insurance is provided for interns.
***Currently, eligibility for coverage for new state employees begins 60 days following
start of employment.***
- Eligibility for Participation in Optional Insurance Programs:
- Medical Coverage for Dependents (available at reasonable rates)
- Term Life
- Dependent Term Life
- Long-term and Short-term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dental (Maintenance and Indemnity plans)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care
- Workman's Compensation coverage is provided at no cost to the employee.
- Support Service and Supplies (e.g., clerical support services, telephone, personal
office computer, office supplies, etc.) necessary to the intern's provision of service
are provided by the TTUSCC budget.
- Membership at the Student Recreation Center at Faculty/Staff rates.
- Staff Parking and Library privileges.