Crisis Intervention Services
The Student Counseling Center offers immediate assistance to students in crisis.
Walk-in Crisis Services
We typically see many of our students in crisis through the Walk-In Clinic (Monday-Friday 12:30-3:30 pm). However, during regular business hours, therapists are also available to assist students in immediate crisis. Outside of Walk-In Clinic hours, students will meet briefly with a crisis evaluation therapist to determine whether the crisis warrants immediate intervention or if the student can wait for the next available Walk-In Clinic appointment.
After-Hours Crisis Services
The Texas Tech Crisis HelpLine (806-742-5555) is a 24-hour service to assist students experiencing a mental health or interpersonal violence crisis. Crisis counselors are familiar with TTU and Lubbock community resources and will be able to direct the caller to appropriate resources.
If you are a student in immediate crisis and one of the following applies to you
- You feel you are in immediate danger of harming yourself
- You feel you are in immediate danger of harming someone else
- You have recently been assaulted or had a traumatic experience
Please do one of the following:
- Call 911 – you will be connected with the police who can help you get emergency services
- Call the Texas Tech Crisis HelpLine (806-742-5555)
- During regular business hours (M-F 8:00-5:00), the Student Counseling Center has therapists available to talk with you immediately. Call 742-3674 or stop by the Student Wellness Center Room 201.