What is MindSpa Biofeedback?
- MindSpa Biofeedback uses equipment to monitor physical states. It provides visual information to help you learn about the mind/body connection.
- All systems in the body (thoughts, emotions, behaviors, and physical body) are connected, almost like on a rubber band. If we can make a change in any one system, we can influence the other systems. With increased balance among the systems, performance levels and positive emotions increase.
- In the Biofeedback Programs, you can experiment with different coping strategies and develop an individualized approach for managing stress based on the visual feedback provided by the biofeedback programs. The programs use finger sensors to assess stress levels in your body by measuring your heart rate and small electrical changes in your fingertips.
- As you improve your ability to control your physical state, you can test out your skills in various video games.
How will I use the Biofeedback Programs?
There are 2 different interactive biofeedback programs available:
1. Wild Divine: Healing Rhythms
As pictured below, you will use finger sensors to measure your heart rate and your electrodermal response (EDR). Your EDR is a slight electrical resistance in your finger tips that is strongly tied to emotional changes in the body. You can watch live graphs of your heart rate and EDR on the computer. As you change your breathing techniques (taught during the demonstration), you can watch how your heart and EDR are impacted. Once you master more calming breathing techniques, you can play interactive video games to test your new skills. This program is great for those needing general relaxation training.
2. Dual Drive Pro
Using the same sensors as in Healing Rhythms, you are challenged to drive a race car while keeping your heart rate and EDR in a relaxed state. For an even greater challenge, you can change the game settings so that you drive the car with the use of the keypad. As your energy and stress level increase, you’ll find that you lose power to your car. The challenge comes in remaining at peace while playing an exciting and challenging game. This program is great for those that experience test or performance anxiety.