What's Happening Now
- All presentations are structured to be presented within a 50-minute class unless otherwise stated.
- All presentations will be held in the Student Wellness Building unless otherwise arranged.
- We request that instructors be present for ALL presentations. Presentations will not be given without the instructor's presence.
- All presentations require a confirmed audience of 20 people.
- Presentations are only available during the first half of the semester unless presentations are part of a wide scale outreach event.
- 2 weeks notice required for all presentations.
- To request a presentation, please send an email to Dr. Amanda Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Klint Hobbs at email@example.com
This is an interactive presentation that discusses the influences of power, privilege and oppression on students’ individual and collective experiences.
Four Corners: A GLBTQ Values Exploration
This is an interactive, engaging exercise that encourages students to explore their values related to sexual orientation and gender identity.
QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer): Suicide Prevention Training
Did you know that suicide is the second leading cause of death for college students? Everyone has a responsibility to help prevent suicide. Through our certified QPR Gatekeeper training students, faculty, and staff can learn the warning signs for suicide, what to say to someone who is at risk for suicide, and where and how to refer someone who is suicidal for help. Talking about suicide is difficult, but QPR Gatekeepers are empowered to help those who may be in desperate need. Training usually lasts 1.5 hours.
Strategies to Work towards a Healthy Relationship
This presentation reviews how to set a foundation for a healthy intimate relationship, challenges to such relationships, and communication strategies to maintain closeness as well as deal effectively with conflict when it arises. A role play exercise with class participation is used to reinforce the main points of the presentation.
Stress Management & Biofeedback Presentations
This presentation highlights the MindSpa and Biofeedback in order to teach students how to manage their stress using relaxation, visualization, and biofeedback techniques. A tour is part of this presentation.
White Privilege Presentation
An interactive presentation aimed at increasing awareness of White privilege. Discussion includes an exploration of definitions, examples, influences, and ways to challenge one’s own biases.