Register for Bookshare
should be the FIRST place you look for books in electronic format. Student Disability Services will NOT scan your books until you have first checked Bookshare's depository.
- Go to Bookshare.org
- Click the big "SIGN UP" button in the middle of the main page.
- Under Individual membership check the following boxes verifying you have a disability
and are over or under the age of 18.
- I (the individual with qualifying disability) am 18 years old or older
- I am (or my child is) under 18 years of age
- I confirm that this account is for a person with a Print Disability, and will be able to provide Proof of Disability from a competent authority.
- Press continue.
- SKIP the Activation I.D. and Promo Code boxes.
- Fill in your personal information.
- Since you are in college leave the "Plans" portion blank. You no longer have a 504 or IEP.
- Agree to the membership terms.
- Click Create Account.
- You will now be given the option to print out your PROOF of DISABILITY FORM.
- Print this form and bring it to the Student Disability Services office for a counselor to sign.
*Note: You will NOT be able to use Bookshare until your account is complete. You must have a counselor from Student Disability Services sign the Proof of Disability form, and you will then email the form to Bookshare to complete your account.