Listening to Scanned Books on Your iPad/iPhone
Want to use your iPad/iPhone to access your books in electronic format? Follow these directions to listen to your books on your devices.
Turning on your Speak Selection option on your iPad/iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on your home screen.
- Tap the General tab.
- Scroll down and tap the Accessibility tab.
- Tap the Speak Selection option (it should be set to off, currently).
- Tap the toggle switch to turn it on.
- Tap highlight words if you want the words highlighted as they are spoken.
- You can adjust the rate of speech as well. It's worth noting, however, that the default is already pretty fast. If anything, you might want to slow it down.
Once you've got Speak Selection enabled, just highlight any text like you would if you were going to copy it, but tap the "Speak" button instead. This option will change to "Pause" while the text is being spoken so you can stop it at any point.
- Download the (FileApp). This app will allow you to put your books on the app from your computer and then you can read them.
- Go to the DIGIDNA website.
- Choose the version that is correct for your computer (Download Mac) or (Download Windows). Follow the instructions on how to download.
- Launch the Application.
- Windows users upon install can create a desktop shortcut.
- Mac users should have dragged the application icon to the Dock.
- Either way, launch DiskAid now and wait for the DiskAid window to show your device's contents.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod using the Apple USB Cable.
- Click on Storage in DiskAid's sidebar and select FileApp.
- You can drag and drop files or folders, or use the "Copy to device" button from DiskAid's
tool bar to copy your book or chapters to the device.
- If you use the "Copy to Device" button you will be able to easily pick and choose what files you copy to your iPad.
- If you do not see the files you copied tap "REFRESH" in FileApp – a circled arrow in the top toolbar.
- Now that your files are transferred, click on your FileApp on your iPad/iPhone.
- Click on Files > Downloads > and then your book.
- Open the chapter you wish to read and highlight the text and choose "SPEAK." The book will now begin reading.
- To stop the reading touch the screen again like you are going to "COPY" and press "PAUSE."
*Note: FileApp is a free app and may not be able to hold multiple large textbooks. You may have to delete files you are not currently using to make room for new books. FileApp Pro is an app you can purchase that will provide you with more space if the need arises.