Committee on Committees
The Committee on Committees names the members of senate committees and recommends faculty members for senate liaisons, university committees, and councils.
- Ron Milam-FS Vice President - email@example.com
- Greg Brookes-MUS-2017 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark McGinley-Honors-2016 - email@example.com
*Convener-see Red binder, Committee Assignments-Procedure for Senate Committee for convening.
The President of the Faculty Senate shall appoint the members of the Committee on Committees each of whom shall be a senator from a different school or college. (Bylaws, Section 2) The Committee on Committees shall nominate and the Senate shall appoint (approve) the members of each Faculty Senate standing or ad hoc committee. (Bylaws, Section 6) At the first meeting of the Committee on Committees the members of the committee shall elect a committee chairperson and such other officers as may be appropriate for the effective functioning of the committee. (Bylaws, Section 6)
Other then nominating faculty for University and Senate standing committees and Senate ad hoc committees, it is also the duty of the Committee on Committees to study the Annual Reports of standing committees and give a brief report at the May Faculty Senate Meetings.
In selecting a committee chairperson considerations should be given to (1) some prior service on Committee on Committees and (2) when feasible, possibility of one year on Committee following term as chairperson.
The President (of the Faculty Senate) shall appoint the members of a Committee on Committees each of whom shall be a senator from a different school or college. Bylaws, Section 2. The Committee on Committees shall nominate and the Senate shall appoint the members of each standing or ad hoc committee. Bylaws, Section 6. At the first meeting of the (Committee on Committees)… the members of the committee shall elect a committee chairperson and such other officers as may be appropriate for the effective functioning of the committee. Bylaws, Section 6.
Procedures for appointments to Senate Committees and to University Standing Committees or Councils:
- The Committee on Committees shall distribute, at least three weeks before it reports nominations to the Senate, information and nomination sheets to all voting faculty. These sheets shall contain:
- The name of each committee for which vacancies are to be filled;
- The number of vacancies to be filled on each committee;
- Any special requirements for nomination to each committee, e.g., distribution among colleges, tenure requirements; and
- Blank spaces for the faculty to nominate, to supply qualifications of nominees, and to allow a statement explaining the special expertise of each nominee, appropriate to the nature of the committee.
- The Committee on Committees shall nominate a person, or persons, at their discretion, for each vacancy on Senate Committees and list as many nominees as the President of the University requests for nomination to University committees.
- The Committee on Committees shall circulate to the Senators, with the agenda for the Senate meeting, its list of nominees for the Senate and/or University committees.
- At the Senate meeting, Senators may amend the list of committee nominees only by moving to strike a name and substitute another. If the Committee on Committees chooses to place several names before the Senate, for Senate committees, the list may be amended as provided above, and the Senate shall vote to fill each vacancy. Otherwise the nominees of the Committee on Committees shall stand approved.