Faculty Status and Welfare Committee
The Faculty Status and Welfare Committee investigates and recommends to the Senate on matters relating to the status and welfare of the faculty.
- Lewis Held-BIOS-2017- convener | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christopher M. Smith-MUS-2019 | email@example.com
- Keira Williams-HONORS-2018 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Hidalgo-LIB-2017 | email@example.com
- Patrick Metz-LAW-2017 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Gilliam-PFP-2017 | email@example.com
- Molly Ireland-PSY-2019 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To investigate and recommend to the Senate on matters relating to the status and welfare of the faculty, including but not restricted to salaries, fringe benefits, working conditions, teaching loads, standards of promotion, tenure, and merit pay, and evaluation of deans, departmental chairpersons, and other administrative personnel. The Committee also reviews proposed changes to operating policies as they are sent to the Senate by the Provost’s Office and alerts the Agenda Committee to substantive changes that may require more in-depth Senate consideration.
The committee shall develop its own operating procedures, subject to the approval of the Faculty Senate. Faculty members will serve on year terms corresponding with the terms of Faculty Senators and may be reappointed.
The committee shall be composed of seven (7) faculty members, at least four (4) of whom, including the chair, must be members of the Faculty Senate.