Red Raider Shred
About Red Raider Shred
Red Raider Shred's shredding and recycling service provides secure document disposal
for all TTU departments located on campus. Red Raider Shred follows strict procedures
for security and offers the best prices available to the campus.
Red Raider Shred ensures all documents are transported, shredded, and recycled in a secure manner. Our organization prides itself on customer service and satisfaction, and in order to ensure your documents' security, we would be honored to show you our processes. Red Raider Shred is a member of the National Association of Information Destruction (NAID).
Sign-Up for Red Raider Shred services, or simply call 742-TEAR if you need a one-time pick-up.
- Our friendly Document Care Technician will arrive on site and pick-up your locked shred bin, documents, boxes or other materials to be safely shredded and recycled and leave you with a clean, empty and locked bin to begin filling again immediately.
- All materials remain in a safe, locked bin to ensure privacy protection. These are then placed into our locked Red Raider Shred truck and driven off-site to our secure shredding services area.
- Our technicians with access to the limited access area then take each locked container and feed it into our shredding machine, which processes up to 2 tons of paper an hour.
- Our results from our shredding services are then baled and recycled.
- The process begins again when your conveniently scheduled service date arrives or on-call, whichever comes first.
Pick-Up Services and Pricing
Red Raider Shred's prices are set to provide the Texas Tech community the best prices available as well as provide a secure shredding service that meets the best prices available.
- 32-gallon (small) locked bin: $25/pickup
- 64-gallon (medium) locked bin: $40/pickup
- 96-gallon (large) locked bin: $55/pickup
- Copy paper size box: $4/box
For different size boxes or unusual circumstances, call (806) 742-TEAR for an estimate
Red Raider Shred has established processes to bale and recycle all paper that is collected and shredded.
This is a mutually beneficial arrangement for your department and Texas Tech University's sustainability efforts. Your documents are shredded, baled and shipped in bulk to the pulp factories or local recyclers, where these bales will be recycled and used in exciting, new products. Your department's sensitive information will be kept secure, all while helping Texas Tech promote a culture of recycling and environmental responsibility.
Andrew Jaco, Central Warehouse Unit Manager
Physical Plant Building, Room 121
3122 Main Street
Lubbock, TX 79409
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.