FY16 Funding Request Process
Note: You will be applying for FY16 funding during FY15 which runs September 1, 2014 through August 31, 2015.
The FY16 Budget Application will be available in OrgSync on September 2, 2014!
- How to Access the Budget Application for the FY16 Funding Process (Keep in mind the SGA logo on the instructions serve as illustration purposes only - you do not need access to the SGA page in OrgSync as the budget application has to be submitted from your own organization's OrgSync page)
- How to Activate the Budget Link in OrgSync
The Right Steps to Take:
- Obtain a 2015-2016 Funding Process Handbook and 2014-2015 Funding Regulations Handbook
- Gather financial documentation and receipts necessary to complete the Budget Application.
- Attend all regularly scheduled SORC Meetings for your SORC Category.
- Complete a New Budget Application for FY16 (September 1, 2015 through August 31, 2016) in OrgSync. If your organization is currently funded, you may contact Katherine Taylor for a copy of your organization’s previous application. NOTE: this application is requesting funding for the next year. If you do not apply, you will not be funded.
- If desired attend a one-on-one preparation time with the Committee on Budget and Finance.
- Submit the Budget Application (online) and sign up for a Funding Interview with Katherine in SUB 302
- Complete the Funding Contract in the “Forms” section in OrgSync
- Upload any additional information you deem necessary to the Budget Application
- Promptly attend your Funding Interview. If you need to reschedule your interview, you must CALL the SGA office at 742-3631 at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled interview time. If you do not call 24 hours in advance to reschedule, you will be considered a NO SHOW for your interview time and subject to penalty.
- Attend (if you wish) the First, Second, and Third Reading & Final Passage of the Organization Funding Bill during the Senate meetings on the dates indicated. (generally March/April)
- The notification of your org's funding allocation will be sent out via Orgsync. An email will be sent to following two categories only: Adminstrators and Officers. Make sure these categories are up to date with your Advisor, President, and Treasurer.
SORC Category meetings are designed to increase communication between SGA and the student organizations and the students they represent. These meetings are also designed to help provide more individualized information and help with applying for and using SGA funds.
Attendance at these meetings is required for organizations that are currently funded or seeking to apply for funds from SGA. In the instance that no member from your organization can attend your mandatory SORC meeting, you must contact the SGA Chief-of-Staff, before your regularly scheduled SORC meeting. There are 2 meetings a semester.
Funding Request Application
The Funding Request (Budget Application) will be available in OrgSync on September 2, 2014 at http://ttu.orgsync.com. The deadline for submitting a FY16 Budget Application is January 30, 2015, at 5:00 p.m.
Funding interviews will be held February 2-13, 2015 in the Student Government Association office.
- Contact a Student Senator who is not a member of the Committee on Budget and Finance. Typically, it is suggested that organizations wishing to appeal a decision of the Committee should contact a Student Senator representing its respective college. In addition, Senators-At-Large may be contacted by any organization. The Student Senate may not consider an appeal unless it is argued by a member of the Senate. You may be advised on who should represent your appeal by calling the Student Government Association Office at 742-3631.
- Plan a time to meet and discuss your case with the Senator
- When meeting with the senator, you should discuss the following:
- Why you did not appear on the bill
- Your history as a Funded/Registered Student Organization
- The amount that you are asking to be funded and why
- Other means your organization has of raising money
- Awards or recognitions bestowed upon your organization
- Attend a Mediation Hearing before the Budget & Finance Committee
- The organization must attend a mediation hearing with the committee in order to negotiate an allocation for the organization. At this hearing, the organization should expect:
- To explain the reason they were left off the bill
- Discuss an appropriate allocation based on the reasons they were initially omitted from the bill and funding criteria
- Questions regarding their Budget Application and use of funds
- At this point the Budget & Finance Committee may vote to amend the Bill for an agreed amount.
- Student Senator may present your case to the entire
- If the organization is still unhappy with the allocation, their Senator may appeal to the entire Student Senate on their behalf. Once a Student Senator decides to present an organization’s appeal to the Student Senate for consideration, the matter is in the jurisdiction of the Student Senate. The Student Senate at large shall be responsible for deciding and considering appeals that are presented by a Student Senator. It is important to note, a Student Senator is not obligated to present an appeal, although, the senator will likely present an organization’s appeal if the appeal holds merit. It is also recommended that representatives from the student organization be in attendance at the Senate meeting where their appeal will be made. The Student Senate has the final authority on allocations.