Vice President for Graduate Affairs
Responsibilities & Initiatives
- Continue to create a better and more comfortable academic environment for graduate study and research.
- Work with Center for Campus Life and partners across campus to develop and execute a New Graduate Student Orientation.
- Raise funds for research-related travel.
- Lobby legislators in Austin, TX and Washington DC for a solution to the rising graduate student debt.
- Attract top researchers in the country with scholarships that reward research experience.
- Work on the TEDxTexasTech planning committee to help market the event to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Work with the University Career Center to find employers specifically looking to hire students with advanced degrees.
- Provide a shuttle for new graduate students arriving at the Lubbock Airport (LBB) to the University.