Vice President for Graduate Affairs
Fellow Red Raiders,
I love Texas Tech and I love being a Red Raider. I graduated with my Bachelor's degree in Cell and Molecular Biology in 2011, fell in love with my undergraduate research project, and had to come back for my Master's to see it through. To me, that's what graduate school is about. It's about finding your passion and following it where it may take you. My ultimate goal is help foster an environment conducive to that mantra so please feel free to let me know how I can assist you further.
Responsibilities & Initiatives
- Continue to create a better and more comfortable academic environment for graduate study and research.
- Work with Center for Campus Life and partners across campus to develop and execute a New Graduate Student Orientation.
- Raise funds for research-related travel.
- Lobby legislators in Austin, TX and Washington DC for a solution to the rising graduate student debt.
- Attract top researchers in the country with scholarships that reward research experience.
- Work on the TEDxTexasTech planning committee to help market the event to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Work with the University Career Center to find employers specifically looking to hire students with advanced degrees.
- Provide a shuttle for new graduate students arriving at the Lubbock Airport (LBB) to the University.