The Peer Tutor assists students in specific subjects (or courses) on a drop in basis. Tutors maintain a weekly schedule during the semester (Fall, Spring, Summer) and work with students during their assigned shifts. Tutors can work with one or multiple students depending on the demand.
If you are interested in becoming a tutor, you must first meet the following qualifications:
- Be currently enrolled at TTU, with at least ONE semester completed as a TTU student
- Maintain an overall TTU GPA of 3.25
- Must have taken the course(s) you wish to tutor and earned a grade of at least B,
- Be able to communicate clearly
- Attend any required training sessions
- Be willing to tutor at least 20 hours per week (although you are not guaranteed 20 hours/week)
- Be dependable and reliable
Pay starts at $9 per hour.
For application: Contact Patrick Bohn, Associate Director