Student Assistant (Front Desk Attendant)
The Student Assistant (SA) can help those students who utilize the Learning Center by directing them to the appropriate tutor(s). They can provide information about and related to the SOAR department to all users (faculty, staff, etc.). The SA is responsible for greeting every student and creating a positive atmosphere in the Learning Center.
Example Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers phone calls and relays information to the appropriate person(s)
- Makes copies (schedules, forms, etc.) and other administrative functions
- Greets every user of the Learning Center
- Ensures each student signs at the beginning of their visit (signs out when finished)
If you are interested in becoming a Student Assistant, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Be currently enrolled at TTU, with at least ONE semester completed as a TTU student
- Be able to communicate clearly
- Act in a friendly and professional manner to all visitors and users
- Be willing to work at least 20 hours per week (although you are not guaranteed 20 hours/week)
- Be able to think critically and handle stressful situations
Pay starts at $8 per hour.
For application: Contact Patrick Bohn, Associate Director