Please contact Will Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about the SI Leader application process.
Current SI - Leaders
ACCT 2300 Financial Accounting - Brock
ACCT 3400 Intermediate Accounting - Reed
BIOL 1402 Biology of Animals - Emma
BIOL 1404 Biology II - Blake/Corey
BIOL 3416 Genetics - Chris
CHEM 1305 Chemical Basics - Taryn
CHEM 1307 Principles of Chemistry I - Cameron, Klara, Paul Ryan
CHEM 1308 Principles of Chemistry II - Angel, Zahra, Zoe
CHEM 3305 Organic Chemistry I - Briley, Landon
CHEM 3306 Organic Chemistry II - Bailey, Mohammed
CHEM 3310 Molecular Biochemistry - Pauline
MATH 1320 College Algebra - Emmy
MATH 1330 Mathematical Analysis I - Patrick
MATH 1451 Calculus I - JT
MATH 1452 Calculus II - Preston
MATH 1550 Preculculus - Harrison
MATH 2300 Statistical Methods - Georgia
MATH 2360 Linear Algebra - Julio
MATH 2450 Calculus III - Destiny
MATH 3310 Mathematical Reasoning and Proof - Alexis
MATH 3350 Higher Mathematics for Engineers and Scientists - Amr
ME 2301 Statics - Jeremy
ME 2302 Dynamics - Jessie
ME 2322 Engineering Thermodynamics I - Stone
ME 3370 Fluid Mechanics - Dakota
ME 3403 Mechanics of Solids - Devin
PHYS 1408 Principles of Physics I - Bryce
PHYS 2401 Principles of Physics II - Korey
ZOOL 2403 Human Anatomy and Physiology - Alex/Julia
- Current undergraduate student at Texas Tech University.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA from TTU.
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours.
- Grade of "A" for desired course assignment, received from Texas Tech.
- Experience in tutoring or other academic support service is a plus!
- Must be available late afternoon or early evenings to hold reviews.
- Two letters of recommendation or two recommendations will be required with your application. One letter or recommendation form must come from a professor in the course area you wish to serve as SI Leader.
Applications may be returned to Holden Hall 80 or emailed to: email@example.com
- Attend semester and monthly training.
- Attend all lectures of the assigned course.
- Utilize the assigned readings, homework, and class notes to create two weekly review sessions.
- Work closely with the assigned faculty partner to assure session material meets their approval.
- Communicate with the SI program staff on a weekly basis.
- 10 hours each week (3- Course attendance, 3-Review Sessions, 4-Session planning).
- Session planning hours are flexible while session scheduling and course attendance are set on a semester basis.