Currently Hiring SI Leaders for Spring 2018!
Supplemental Instruction is currently seeking SI Leaders for following subjects (updated December 13):
BIOL 3416 - Genetics
CHEM 1305 - Chemical Basics
CHEM 1307 - Principles of Chemistry I
CHEM 1308 - Principles of Chemistry II
CHEM 3305 - Organic Chemistry I
CHEM 3306 - Organic Chemistry II
FINAN 3320 - Financial Management
MATH 1330 - Intro Math Analysis
MATH 1331 - Intro Math Analysis
MATH 1451 - Calculus I with Applications
MATH 1452 - Calculus II with Applications
MATH 1550 - Precalculus
MATH 2300 - Statistical Methods
MATH 2360 - Linear Algebra
ME 2301 - Statics
ME 2322 - Engineering Thermodynamics I
PHYS 1408 - Principles of Physics I
PHYS 2401 - Principles of Physics II
ZOOL 2403 - Anatomy and Physiology I
Please contact Will Lopez at email@example.com for questions about the SI Leader application process.
- Current undergraduate student at Texas Tech University.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA from TTU.
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours.
- Grade of "A" for desired course assignment, received from Texas Tech.
- Experience in tutoring or other academic support service is a plus!
- Must be available late afternoon or early evenings to hold reviews.
- Two letters of recommendation or two recommendations will be required with your application. One letter or recommendation form must come from a professor in the course area you wish to serve as SI Leader.
Applications may be returned to Holden Hall 80 or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend semester and monthly training.
- Attend all lectures of the assigned course.
- Utilize the assigned readings, homework, and class notes to create two weekly review sessions.
- Work closely with the assigned faculty partner to assure session material meets their approval.
- Communicate with the SI program staff on a weekly basis.
- 10 hours each week (3- Course attendance, 3-Review Sessions, 4-Session planning).
- Session planning hours are flexible while session scheduling and course attendance are set on a semester basis.