Minutes for December 5, 2007 - Meet & Greet
Printer Friendly Versions (Word | PDF)
- The Staff Senate Meet & Greet was held from 3:00 – 5:00 PM in the Red Raider Ballroom of the Student Union Building on Wednesday, December 5, 2007.
- Presiding officers at the gathering were 2007-2008 Staff Senate President Kathy Nordstrom and 2007-2008 President Elect Ron Nail.
- The Speaker for the Event was Dr. Jon Whitmore, President of Texas Tech University. Dr. Whitmore filled the staff in on some of the accomplishments of the University over the last year, and thanked all members of the staff for helping TTU achieve many of its goals. He reminded staff of the new campus emergency notification system, and urged staff to take advantage of this.
- Dr. Whitmore invited all staff to his Christmas open house the following week.
- Representatives from Quality Service provided a table to help familiarize members of the staff with education and training opportunities available on campus.
- The senate collected canned goods in support of the U Can Share Food Drive.
- Turnout was outstanding, with almost no empty chairs during the majority of the Meet & Greet. Door prizes ranged from t-shirts and notepads to bottles of wine and Panini grills.
- It was wonderful to see so many members of the TTU staff turn out for this event.