Minutes for June 2, 2010
Printer Friendly Versions (Word | PDF)
- Call To Order: Chris Leisinger, President, 3:00 PM, Escondido Theatre, Student Union
- Officers Present:
- Chris Leisinger, President
- Beverly Pinson, President Elect
- Tamara Ginter, Treasurer
- Minutes: Minutes of the May 5, 2010 meeting were tabled.
- Treasurer’s Report:
May beginning balance:$5,018.70 Expended:($260.55) Encumbrances:__$157.07 Ending balance:$4,601.08
- Treasurer’s Report was approved as presented.
- New Business:
- Reminder - Printing Services is closing July 15th.
- Chris Leisinger read thank you notes from two spring semester scholarship recipients.
- The Executive Board recommended expulsion of Kyle Clark due to lack of attendance. A motion was made, seconded, and passed to terminate him.
- Staff Senate Executive Board elections were held. The new officers for 2010-2011 are: Bruce Bills, President Elect; Meredith Gooch, Secretary; and Dale Ganus, Treasurer. The new EEO representatives for 2010-2011 are: Gary Johnson, Administrative; Aleesa Ross, Professional; Carol Espinoza, Clerical; Ashley McPherson, Technical; Sam Beavers, Crafts; and Ricky Canales, Service. Electronic clickers were used voting of the officers.
- Nominations, Elections, and Grievance Committee Chairs should be nominated in July. It was moved, seconded, and passed to move these elections to August.
- Standing Committe Reports:
- Technology: Gary Bryant reported that the first Staff Senate FAQ went out via TechAnnounce and this was generating more FAQs. He also stated that the website is up-to-date in regards to the updated ByLaws.
- ByLaws/Constitution: Tamara Ginter or the new committee chair will send notice when President Bailey has signed the constitutional changes.
- Elections: Len Markham explained the problem with the first round of voting. We have 53 nominations. The voting has been extended to June 14th.
- Issues: Still working on one active issue that will hopefully be resolved by fall.
- Scholarships: The deadline for submitting applications is June 7th. The committee is digitizing the review process.
- Grievance: No report.
- Nominations: No report.
- Communications/Public Relations: Planning the installation program/reception for the July 7th meeting in the Merket Alumni Center. There will be an ice cream sundae bar with diabetic options. Staff Senate scholarship recipients will be invited.
- Special Committee Reports:
- Parking: No report.
- Family Care: Committee is on hold.
- Green Task Force: No report.
- Student Life: Orientations are scheduled for the summer. A Financial Aid call center has been established. Enrollment numbers look good.
- Strategic Planning: No report.
- Gender Equity: Virginia Downs encouraged the Staff Senate to have a Senator on this committee.
- The next Executive Board meeting is June 30, 3:30 p.m. in Admin 244.
- The next Staff Senate meeting is July 7, 3 p.m. in the Merket Alumni Center.