STEM CORE Committees
Each committee will be chaired by an Associate Director and will be comprised of 5-7 people. These are committees of the whole, one representative from the Associate Directors, Executive Council, Affiliate, Member, and Fellow group.
- Membership Committee: The purpose of the membership committee is to assess potential STEM CORE members
for membership as an Affiliate, Member, or Fellow. The committee will meet as needed,
but at least once a semester. Meetings will be called by the Associate Director overseeing
the committee. The committee will develop specific rubrics for assessment as needed,
and will review them annually. The term of office shall be staggered, and will last
for three years.
- Committee Chair: David Weindorf
- Outreach Committee: This committee will oversee and suggest outreach activities, including those for
K-12 outreach and informal science activities. This committee will liaison with the
Executive Council as needed where outreach activities overlap between the community
and Texas Tech. This committee can suggest and maintain contacts and best practices
for running outreach programs, as well as lists of faculty and graduate students wanting
to provide content for outreach activities.
- Committee Chair: Jerry Dwyer
- Education Committee: The education committee will work with the Associate Director group to develop aspects
of STEM education. The committee can also suggest seminar speakers for the STEM Seminars,
and promote new pedagogical techniques as appropriate. The education committee will
also work with various faculty and centers on campus to promote STEM education.
- Committee Chair: Jaclyn Cañas-Carrell
- Research Committee: The research committee will work with the Associate Director group to develop grant
proposals related to STEM. The research committee will also work and partner with
various faculty and centers on campus to promote STEM education research and STEM
research as appropriate. The research committee will also act to facilitate "broader
impact" statements for grant writers seeking help from STEM CORE.
- Committee Chair: Michael O'Boyle
- Seminar Committee: The seminar committee will help to facilitate the development and execution of an
annual STEM Seminar Series, with speakers presenting at least once a month. The committee
will provide information concerning the speakers for use in advertising. The committee
may develop theme-based seminar series as appropriate. The committee will also act
as a sounding board for suggestion of speakers from STEM faculty.
- Committee Chair: Brock Williams