Texas Tech University/Halliburton
Middle School STEM Program
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. We know that much of the foundation for future STEM success begins in middle school. That is why the Texas Tech University STEM Center for Outreach, Research & Education (STEM-CORE) and the Halliburton Foundation are excited to announce the formation of a new program for gifted middle school math and science students in the Lubbock, Texas, area!
The TTU/Halliburton Middle School STEM Program offers students the unique opportunity to receive world-class mentorship and support in preparing for competitive mathematics and science competitions from TTU professors and students. In addition to holding a number of events, the program will feature targeted mentorship and support for our student participants throughout the 2013-2014 school year.
Who should participate?
If you are a middle school student in the Lubbock, Texas, area and you are interested in any of the following, this program is for you!
- Doing scientific research and presenting it at the 2014 South Plains Science Fair
- Improving your performance in math and science competitions
- Being on a Mathcounts or FutureCity competitive team
How do I get started?
Did you miss our Sept. 23 kick-off? It's not too late to participate!
Science Fair Mentors for Club Members
If you would like to request a mentor to help you develop a science fair project for presentation at the 2014 South Plains Regional Science fair, please use the form linked below to submit your information!
Thank you to the Halliburton Foundation for their generous financial support!
- Click here to view our Facebook page!
- Looking for a science project idea?
- How will I ever use math in the real world?
- Want more? Check out the Texas Tech University Online STEM Club!
- Mailing Address:
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX 79409-1042
- Phone: (806) 834-8368
- Fax: (806) 742-1112
- E-mail: email@example.com