STEM CORE Network
The Texas Tech University STEM CORE Network connects faculty and staff from across campus in an effort to support the sustainment and development of successful STEM initiatives. The TTU Network is an email distribution list that allows STEM CORE to keep members apprised of opportunities and forms a community of STEM advocates and potential collaborators at Texas Tech University.
Join the TTU Network
The STEM CORE Network is open to any interested TTU graduate students, staff, and faculty members.
Share through the STEM CORE Network
Do you have an announcement that would be of interest to the Network? Announcements and brief descriptions can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Outreach Network
The STEM CORE Outreach Network is open to anyone outside the TTU community, and within the greater Lubbock area interested in knowing about outreach opportunities. If you are interested in being added to the Outreach Network, please email email@example.com.
Latest Update: Friday, March 31
- STEM-inar: STEM CORE will be hosting a STEM Seminar for faculty, graduate students and staff,
interested in STEM fields. STEM-inar topics can be focused on outreach, research or
- Dr. Brian Fisher, from Lubbock Christian University, will be coming to campus to discuss how he uses 3D modeling in his teaching. Mark your calendars for Monday, April 24 at 12:00 PM! The event will be held in the TLPDC, Room #153. More details about the event will come soon!
- Tech Savvy Event: On Saturday, February 18, STEM CORE hosted the 2nd Annual Tech Savvy Event. This event, designed for middle school girls and their parents, allowed the students to explore STEM careers. This is the only Tech Savvy event to run in Texas. To view photos of the event, view the STEM CORE Flicker Page.
- Lubbock Aquarium: Lubbock is getting an aquarium and is looking for volunteers to help with several
fundraising events and they need lots of volunteers for the following events. To volunteer,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 22 @ Lowe's Home Improvement- Food Truck Event
- April 22 @ Lubbock Civic Center- Lubbock Arts Festival
- STEM Education Seminars: The STEM CORE works to highlight STEM Education seminars
from across the TTU campus. If you are aware of a seminar that might be of interest
to the STEM CORE Network, please let us know!
- Physics Education Research Seminar: Thursdays at 12:30 pm in Sciences Room# 118.
- Mathematics Education Seminar: Tuesdays at 4:00 pm in Education Room #156.
- NSEC (Network of STEM Education Centers) 2017 National Conference: This conference will be held at the Hotel Monteleone in New Orleans on June 23-24, 2017. This year's conference will focus on centers engaged in improving undergraduate STEM education, including STEM teacher preparation and connection of the undergraduate experience with K12, community efforts, and broader impacts. To register for the conference, click here.
- The National STEM Education Research and Practice Summit: This conference will be held at Purdue University on October 16-17, 2017. Nationally there has been incredible progress in the areas of STEM and STEM education over the past decade. This event is designed as a forum for STEM education researchers, as well as those enacting best practices in STEM education K-20 to come together and share their collective knowledge and experiences. The link to submit your proposal is: https://purdue.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2fy5Y9mze2znOzbhttps://purdue.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2fy5Y9mze2znOzbhttps://purdue.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2fy5Y9mze2znOzb The deadline for submission of all proposals will be Friday, April 7, 2017.