Network Update Archive: February 26, 2014
Association of Public Land Grant University Institutional Assessment on Innovation and Economic Prosperity:
Due Friday, February 28
After a discussion with staff in the Office of the Vice President for Research, we would like to encourage all STEM-CORE Network members to complete this survey. If you began the survey previously and found yourself answering questions which did not seem to apply to you, please consider returning to the beginning of the survey and answering “No” to the question, “While at Texas Tech University, have you ever participated in community development, engagement, or community impact projects?” This will direct you to a condensed version of the survey with questions only addressing the amount of importance you place on various issues.
- Visit the following URL to complete the survey:https://ttuir.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_etFKQmYoJtxWZhP
- Please direct inquiries to Kayla Tindle (email@example.com).
10:30 – 11:20 AM, Friday, February 28: Upcoming Talk @ TTU Advancing Teaching & Learning Conference
Using Team-Based Learning to Explore the Nature of Science and Engage Students
Nathan Collie, TTU Department of Biological Sciences
- Visit the following URL for details: http://www.tlpd.ttu.edu/content/asp/conferences/atalc/ScheduleAndSessionDescriptions.asp
- Please direct inquiries to Micah Logan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
STEM-CORE Grant Opportunity Digest Updated:
Please visit http://www.depts.ttu.edu/stem/toolbox/grants.php for details regarding the following opportunities.
- 3 Upcoming Opportunities from the National Institutes of Health (NIH):
- Due March 31: Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP)
- Due May 25: MARC Undergraduate Student Training in Academic Research (U-STAR)
- Due May 28: Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement (RISE)
- 1 Upcoming Opportunity from the National Science Foundation (NSF):
- Due May 1: Broadening Participation in Engineering (BPE)
- 1 Upcoming Opportunity from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA):
- Due April 10: Higher Education Challenge Grant