Conference to foster an environment of inclusivity, empowerment, and dedication to ensure the current and future success of our Red Raiders.
TTU upperclass students! Have you been influenced by a woman at Texas Tech University? If so, this scholarship may be for you!
Throughout the history of Higher Education, Student Affairs has evolved from a general enforcement of student behavior in and out of the classroom to a more focused effort to develop the growing and changing needs of today's student. Student Affairs is committed to the ideas that student learning does not occur exclusively within the classroom and that the university experience affects students in many different ways. Student Affairs encourages holistic student development by promoting and supporting the emotional, mental, social, and physical wellbeing of students. Student Affairs complements the academic experience by helping students become engaged in the university setting and providing them with resources that help them be successful both in and out of the classroom. Student Affairs professionals create intentional programs, services, and experiences that support student growth and development.
Here at Texas Tech, the areas specifically aligned with Student Affairs include Dean of Students, student conduct, career services, and counseling, student government, student disability and legal services, orientation and new student services, risk intervention and safety education, co-curricular engagement, student leadership development, fraternity and sorority life, LGBTQIA, parent and family relations, peer financial coaching, TTU spirit programs, and Raider Red's Food Pantry.
We are dedicated to the communities we serve and to incorporating the NASPA Principles of Good Practice for Student Affairs set forth by NASPA: Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education:
- Engages students in active learning.
- Helps students develop coherent values and ethical standards.
- Sets and communicates high expectations for student learning.
- Uses systematic inquiry to improve student and institutional performance.
- Uses resources effectively to achieve institutional missions and goals.
- Forges educational partnerships that advance student learning.
- Builds supportive and inclusive communities.
- Dean of Students
- Center for Campus Life
- Office of LGBTQIA Education & Engagement
- Parent & Family Relations
- Raider Red's Food Pantry
- Risk Intervention & Safety Education
- Student Conduct
- Student Counseling Center
- Student Disability Services
- Student Government Association
- Student Legal Services
- Transition & Engagement
- University Career Center
Upcoming Student Affairs Events
- February 6th, 2020 Faculty Travel Grants
- February 24th, 2020 Harlem Globetrotters: United Supermarkets Arena
- February 25th, 2020 Mardi Gras Celebration at The Commons!
- February 27th, 2020 Late Night Movies: Terminator: Dark Fate
- February 28th, 2020 Late Night Movies: Terminator: Dark Fate
- March 4th, 2020 Scratching the Surface on Animal Safety
- March 4th, 2020 Telling Your Story, Building Your Career
- March 4th, 2020 Student Preview - School of Theatre and Dance Presents DANCETECH
- March 5th, 2020 DANCETECH
- March 5th, 2020 Late Night Movies: Frozen II
Student Affairs Connection Committee
The Student Affairs Connections Committee was established with the goal of providing social and professional development opportunities for all staff in Student Affairs. Learn More