Additional time on work done in class and on tests, unless speed is the
essential element being tested.
Alternative test location which provides a quiet environment that reduces
Priority seating assignment
Student may need to have any written material (e.g., overheads,
transparencies, chalkboard, notes, etc.) read aloud or put into an
Due to the nature of the student's disability, he/she may need to take
breaks during class
sign language interpreter (interpreter will use sign language to interpret
lectures and and fulfill Interpreter Requests.
Allowance of assistive devices in the classroom and on assignments or exams:
- Tape recorder for class lectures and in-class assignments (e.g. essays)
- Spell checker or spelling dictionary
- Computers in Academic Testing Services (or provided by instructors) for essay exams or
in- class writing assignments.
- Non-programmable calculator
- Lap top computer for note taking